Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fired For Refusing A Flu Shot!

According to this article this company fired 150 employees for failing to get a flu shot. Really? Do companies have control over your body in this way? What is next, Obama Care requiring shots or you are arrested and forced to take a shot?

I never get flu shots nor anyone in my immediate family. We make that our choice and always have. What is your view of forced health care? This is amazing and shocking to me.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2DGsXGK2E

Hugh B

An emerging trend in that industry.
    It probably doesn't have anything o do with Obamacare, as easy as it may be o blame everything bad that happens on it.
    Up here, health care workers are told to get the shot, or they must wear a mask during flu season.
    Common sense.

Thats horse poop. Its a throw of the dice but many get the flu after the shot. I havent had one in years n only had it once in I cant remember. Probably jinxed myself

I use to get the flu every February, without fail. 5 years ago I started getting the flu shot and the worse that has happened to me now is I get the sniffles. I LOVE THE FLU SHOT.

Most companies have to manage there health care costs. Why do you think companies are so safety conscious. This is one time when a company, looking out for the bottom line, is a good thing. This company wants healthy employees. The flu shot is one way to keep cost down and keep people working.

The flu shot CAN NOT cause you to get the flu. From the CDC website

Misconceptions about the flu shots
    Can a flu shot give you the flu?

No, a flu shot cannot cause flu illness. The influenza viruses contained in a flu shot are inactivated (killed), which means they cannot cause infection. Flu vaccine manufacturers kill the viruses used in the vaccine during the process of making vaccine, and batches of flu vaccine are tested to make sure they are safe. In randomized, blinded studies, where some people get flu shots and others get salt-water shots, the only differences in symptoms was increased soreness in the arm and redness at the injection site among people who got the flu shot. There were no differences in terms of body aches, fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat.
    http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

healthcare workers are a little different. You don't want to be infecting your patients (nosocomial infection). Therefore, if you innoculate everyone in the hospital, the risks of contracting influenza drop dramatically. They have this rule many other infections: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedule...le-chart-1.jpg

Note the recommendations from the CDC based also upon risk and age. My wife works in ICU and was ordered by her MD to get the pneumococcal pneumonia shot due to her decreased immune system. She didn't bat an eye. These workers knew their employer was serious but were either arrogant or lazy. That can get re-instated by getting the shot.

Its probably a good thing but these type of thngs concern me. Its like the seat belt law. They are forcing adults to have to do something that if they dont would probably not hurt anyone else but themselves. It concerns me because what will be next? Maybe a law against riding a motor cycle or playing football, etc because someone deems it dangerous.

I think all you people that get the flue shots are being secretly drugged (assimilated) into the girly man/ PC pacifist community mindset.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I think all you people that get the flue shots are being secretly drugged (assimilated) into the girly man/ PC pacifist community mindset.
    Resistance is futile

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Resistance is futile
    That doesn't make it any less fun!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

The rationale for a hospital is by protecting you, they are protecting other patients and visitors from YOU. How would you like someone running around town diagnosed with small pox or tuberculosis without a mask? You are secondary to their concern.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Its probably a good thing but these type of thngs concern me. Its like the seat belt law. They are forcing adults to have to do something that if they dont would probably not hurt anyone else but themselves. It concerns me because what will be next? Maybe a law against riding a motor cycle or playing football, etc because someone deems it dangerous.
    Probably comming sooner than later.......Already creeping in with football........Once everyone's "lifestyle" affects the communal healthcare system, they will want to tell everyone how to live and what they can or can't do. Using the guise that, "that affects us all now", since it is a gov't run health system. That , of course, is the main reason behind the gov't run healthcare scam.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Honestly how does anybody really know whats good for me or you. Believing the cdc is like believing the food n drug admin, they'll tell you what you want to hear and how good something is for you - then after everyone is dying from unexplainable cancers and getting their organs ripped out because the tissue is dead,committing suicide, they come back and say "it wasn't tested correctly,sorry for your loses"

Hers a question. Is the egg good or bad for you? Yes theres moderation but whats the real answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast