Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

First black friday in my life I had 1/2 a million dollars to drop!

Putting trans-critical CO2 system into its new home! Works not suppose to be so much fun!

Name:  246.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  31.5 KBName:  249.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  48.3 KB

needs moar details.....and pics of the system in place and doin it's thang......

without the details, I'm lost, because I have no idea what a trans-critical CO2 system is.

You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Google? youtube?
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

But, it's his post with his system. I can educate myself all day long on all types of things, but I like the conversational approach.

This is the first Trans-Critical CO2 store going in within the United States. CO2 means extremely high pressure. Yesterday I met with the engineers from Hill Phoenix. We unwrapped one of the 4 rack systems going in. I myself do not know anything about this CO2 system but I am amped up to be running this project! The guys from Hill Phoenix gave me a brief synopsis of all the components and their operating pressures. Discharge pressures run about 1780 PSI. That is no joke there. I plan on erecting a blast chamber where I can stand while doing my pressure testing. We are having a training class next week. And Ill be able to share more then. Here is some eye candy for you in the mean time.Name:  CO2 system 011.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  31.9 KBName:  CO2 system 012.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  48.0 KBName:  CO2 system 015.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  41.9 KB

That looks really awesome. Keep us posted on it.

Tomorrow I have a 10,000# Lull coming in so we can lift the heaviest rack into the room. The first one they sent could not lift rack DT3. Walkin freezers and coolers are being built. Underground plumbing is going in and probably next week we will be doing a helicopter lift to put the 5 condensers, oops I mean GAS COOLERS on the roof. Work aint suppose to be so much fun!Name:  212.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  34.9 KBName:  210.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  39.4 KBName:  214.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  37.4 KB

Wow. That's a big deal. I take it from the pic's that this is an existing building being renovated into a supermarket? Are all the piping systems dropped down to the cases from overhead? Thanks for the info. Great pics.

[QUOTE=Fridge Repairer;14686151] "Tomorrow I have a 10,000# Lull coming in so we can lift the heaviest rack into the room. The first one they sent could not lift rack DT3."

Did the lift operator try to lift it and couldn't?
    I wouldn't let ANYBODY near any equipment without assurance on paper of lifting capacity and insurance. I have seen lifts where a machine got it off the ground and one small factor caused the load to drop.

Even showing up on site then checking capacities and load weights is kinda too late...

The lift operator is ultimately responsible but if your equip gets damaged there is probably a shortage of replacement units on the shelf.

Not trying to grind your gears but hoping to save you some grief!

I too am looking forward to further pics of this cool job.
    Hope it goes perfectly for you!

Nice Pics.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

20120198674 That patent paying off,, would love to pick your brain,, congrats

Neat stuff.

I've been kind of struggling to wrap my head entirely around trans-critical CO2 refrigeration.

It's a weird system.

and all the piping will be brazed with sil-fos? will it hold? or do you have to use special jointing method? That's a lot of PSI

gas cooler, eh? does it condense it to liquid? or just take some temp off? never even looked into CO2 application. do they use the same refrigerant cycle?
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast