Hmm

Anyone know if TACs Project Builder can be setup to multiple control lines. I need some software to help with submittals. TAC sent examples of Project Builder - very nice. However, we do multiple control lines and want a software that we can setup to create submittals with multiple manufactures devices. I like the examples they sent, but they are very proud of the software($$$$). I want to make sure it with be what I need.

Currently I use Viso or our CAD department to create our drawings, depending on the size of the job. By the time I do the layout for the CAD guys I could have created the drawings my self if I have a good program.

Also if there if another software out there for creating submittals and job drawings, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I use TAC's Project Builder and it does a very professional job of making final drawings. I am sure it would be very easy to incorporate other manufacturers controls into your drawings. I have done it myself on a low-scale basis. The big advantage to project builder is you use excel to tell the program which controllers you are using and your points list and then you generate your project - which it creates in Visio - and your visio drawings in turn have you wiring diagrams and detail drawings. This was my first use of visio and I was fairly familair with ACAD. Anyway they have a library of stencils that is pretty extensive but I have developed a bunch of my own stencils to use with parts that they do not have. For example they don't have much of the Veris product line in their stencils so I have created a bunch of their products in stencils to use on multiple jobs. They also don't have it setup to use with their INET product and I've created drawings in Visio/Project Builder with the INET product that turned out great. Anyway I got to get going the wife is nagging - and I'll be out on vacation till just before/after thanksgiving - Elk and chukar hunting! If any other questions I'll be happy to get back to you after that.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Khan

Hello Crab,
    As you have done professional jobs with Tac ProjectBuilder, can you assist me in informing, what is this System/Unit tag, if i have 2 Air handlers where should i specify this in order to get the layout of those air handlers in visio.

Next i did not understand how should i write field devices name in field devices section so that the stencils used in the drawing is accurate. Currently i used STD100-150, SHD100, V211 Valve & M400-Actuator, so should name them as it is? or in order to get the layout i have to put the part number or what!
    And in excel when you create from blank there is a tag to be filled which is System/Unit, what does that mean?

Would it generate pumps also? i am controlling a co-gen plant where we have 6 pumps, 2 cooling towers, Boiler Status, Water Heater Status, Chiller Status, couple of exhaust and radiator Fans, for these items do i have to create my own stencils? If yes where i must save them. And would these items be generated automatically once i define them in the Excel sheet?
    Please support.

I am on vacation and this is coming from my blackberry. I will get back to you when I can as this would take too long to respond from my blackberry.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

I would check out www.ics-controls.com. it is and estimating package that has an added module for design submittals. and it is universal - works with any manufacturer.

terry

The system/unit tag is simply the placeholder for then name of the unit/system the Xenta Unit is controlling - Air Handler 1, Chiller 2, Boiler 12, etc. This is true for both Visio and Excel.

Under Field Devices you should right click in line with the point you want and then choose 'Select Device'. Then enter in some/all the data you know to find the part you want under the Parameter(s) you know the most about. The * is a wildcard. If you cannot find the part then it is not in the database and you'll have to enter your own in the user defined parts database. Also if you haven't updated when you first open TAC Project Builder the far left graphic link is the update - this gives you the latest parts database, but read the instructions before you do it.

You can create your own stencils but TAC provides many of them. They are located under C:\Program Files\TAC ProjectBuilder. There are also others availble.

If you haven't been to a Project Builder Class you really should look into going to one - even a Visio class would help or both would even be better.

Shoot me another email or update your profile with your email - the last email you sent went to spam and I read it but forgot to take it out of my spam folder so now it's deleted.
    Last edited by crab master; 11-17-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Email