Ecobee Wiring Help

The Ecobee wiring diagrams do not match my situation exactly, attached is what I did, would appreciate any confirmations or critiques.

I attached the Ecobee terminal designations and wiring diagram for reference.

Ecobee Wiring Diagram.pdf

You did not mention any problems with how you have it currently wired. Is it blowing fuses? Only partially functional? Acts normal but you just want confirmation you didn't miswire something?

Beyond that I can't say much more, as this is not a DIY site.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

No problems, however I originally had the blue (common) wire connected to ACC3r as it shows on the Ecobee wiring diagram and my humidifier ran continuously without shutting off, now that I have removed it humidifier seems to run fine. I was also suspicious during the summer that the 2nd stage of my dual stage condensing unit was not coming one, it took forever to pull the temp down in the house. I'm not sure how to tell on the condensing unit which stage is running. I figured I'd try to get the kinks worked out over the winter.

As for how to tell when the condenser is running in second stage, that depends on how it accomplishes a second stage. Does it have two compressors? Or a multi-speed compressor? Does the condenser fan speed up when the condenser is in second stage? Does the indoor blower go to maximum speed when the system is running in second stage? Familiarity with the system can answer a lot of questions.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

As for your humidifier and Y2 staging issues, you could have it wired correctly, but the thermostat is not configured correctly to bring on second stage or cycle the humidifier properly. It's not just wiring alone that must be done right with these complex thermostats. It's programming as well.

In the thermostat settings I have ACC2 set for 2nd Stage AC and ACC3 set for Humidifier so I am pretty sure the stat is programmed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilledBeam View Post
    In the thermostat settings I have ACC2 set for 2nd Stage AC and ACC3 set for Humidifier so I am pretty sure the stat is programmed correctly.
    That's good, but what about any deadband involved between stages on the a/c and call for humidity on the humidifier? If the deadband is too wide on the condenser staging, it may never go into second stage. For the humidifier, the humidity level may never rise sufficiently to deactivate the humidifier (could be the case anyway if your house envelope is leaky and the humidifier can't match the loss of moisture to the outdoors).

I'll get into the programming tonight to verify the deadbands, I didn't mess with them, they were set from the factory.