Alright Guys never used one or owned one before will be doing residential light commercial with it any suggestions and recommendations with model numbers would be great

I use a Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 kit with a printer. I never used one before I got it, so I got one that had everything exept the smoke test thing since we don't heat with oil here.
    I like it, but I havn't ever seen another analyzer, much less used one.

http://www.bacharach-inc.com/fyrite_pro.htm
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Do a search on combustion analyzers & you will find enough reading material to keep you busy for awhile.

I currently use a TSI CA-6130 but used a Bacharach 125 Fyrite Pro for about five years before that.

Both are excellent instruments IMO, with my personal preference being the TSI at this point.

Regardless of what brand analyzer you choose be sure to get some training to really put the readings the analyzer gives you to use.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

also agree with what davidr said,look into national comfort institute for a class near you.
    be honest to yourself and your clients

Yea I was thinking probably to get the kit from NCI and then take it to the class with me and just inlude both of them in the price that I have to qoute for a big furnace

I've been looking into one myself... we do some oil here so I would need more features. My local winnair shop is selling a tpi with printer for well under a grand. Model FGA w/A740 printer. Anybody have any experience with these?

I'd stay away from TPI and UEI. Go for Bacharach, TSI, or Testo.
    I just picked up a Testo 325M with printer thats never been used on Ebay for $400. Also have a Testo 300xl and a Bacharach.

Frown

Yep, I had the TPI for two days... had to send it to Oregon to get re-programed!!! When I tried to do a combustion analysis, it would flash " CO sensor fail".. called and I got one of a "bad batch" ...will not replace, will re-program to get rid of that message.
    Almost a grand for a new piece of equipment and can't even use it.
    Oh well, when given lemons...

Anybody here familiar with Kane-May combustion analyzers?

company is going thru fyrites. cost as much to repair as replace almost. Looking for something more durable for approx 30 techs. Any ideas?
    GOD knows if you did your best! <><

Originally posted by hankmcneil
    company is going thru fyrites. cost as much to repair as replace almost. Looking for something more durable for approx 30 techs. Any ideas?
    Something is wrong if you are going through that much maintenance. They are field repairable and calibrateable. Might just need a few suggestions. I throw them, freeze them, bake them and abuse them and they still work just fine. Sounds like your crew is creative. Water is the biggest downfall. Drain traps, keeps hose assembly disconnected when not using, leave traps open. O2 sensors are field replaceable and should last 2 years. CO sensors should last 4-6 years and if you buy your own calibration kit you can replace them yourself. Rechargeable batteries can also cause premature failure.

I believe Rudy might respond to this soon also.
    captain CO

Originally posted by rsmith46
    Depends on which models. Students have brought them to class. They are sold thru UEI. Not real field serviceable. My ex-Bacharach rep is working for them and we are trying to resolve their service issues. They won't even let you replace your own O2 sensor at this time. My complaints have been issued. Response time good, accuracy questionable.
    captain CO

Originally posted by Jim Davis
    Originally posted by rsmith46
    Depends on which models. Students have brought them to class. They are sold thru UEI. Not real field serviceable. My ex-Bacharach rep is working for them and we are trying to resolve their service issues. They won't even let you replace your own O2 sensor at this time. My complaints have been issued. Response time good, accuracy questionable.
    KM9104

[Edited by rsmith46 on 11-25-2006 at 06:11 PM]