Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here's another......which came first, the liberal busy body do-gooder, or the rectum?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Here's another......which came first, the liberal busy body do-gooder, or the rectum?
    Server not found in your sig.? But....my vote is on a rectum so the busy body had one to stick his head up.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

The liberal busy-body came first in the rectum.

Get my flu shot the second I know there available.

I have no problem with medical industy requiring them being that their workers are so suseptable to getting and passing flu around to vonerable people.

As far as other places requiring it , if you don't want to ...... get another job.

If your that strong against it ....... take a stand and walk. Not like you don't have a choice.

I'd refuse if it offered. I got mine this year and was sick for a solid week 3 days after I got the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretto.LaFantastic View Post
    I'd refuse if it offered. I got mine this year and was sick for a solid week 3 days after I got the shot.
    see post #4, if you got sick after the shot, it was coincidence
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Does anybody remember when there was a flu shot given that was making people sicker than people who got the flu were getting? I think it was in the 1980's, and the flu strain may have been a version of the Swine Flu. I think it was so bad the government halted distribution of the shot. If you don't believe such a thing can happen today, pay attention to the flood of television commercials made by lawyers looking to make claims against the drug companies for side effects from the drugs. Not to mention the effects from drugs interacting with foods and drinks we ingest. Just this morning I saw part of a news item on TV about forty-something drugs that can negatively react with eating grapefruit. I appreciate the government seeing to it that the flu shot is made available to us, but no one should be able to force, or even coerce, us into taking anything into our bodies that we don't want in it.

I received my flu shot every year for 20 years while in the military. We were ordered to get the shot and show documentation to our supervisors. I can't recall any of my peers or subordinates contracting the flu. They may have had exemptions for egg allergies or perhaps filtered out those people in the induction physicals. This was after the swine flu shot disaster in the 1970's.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

all I know is the very day I got the flu shot, I was sick as dog. I woke up feeling better the next morning.

I don't get the shot, but others at work got sick and missed work,in spite of getting the shot.

no one has pointed out that the shot is only for some of the strains out there, and the makers have to guess to some extent which are going to be the most likely to hit big.

I'd also ask- do you want to fire medical personnel who have enough skill to decide on their own not to get the shot, or those who just do what management says? I know some who are quite competent, and don't promote flu shots as end all, beat all.
    One was called in for failed too many trainees- she said when they can spell their own name the same twice, she'd consider management's complaint.

if you get the shot three times, and get sick three times, is that coincidence? Maybe some people just react different.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Daughter received the flu shot 3 years in a row (wife is a health care professional in children's hospital), and became very sick (fevers for 3 days, stuffy head/nose, headaches, etc...) 3 years in a row. I never get the flu shot and rarely get sick, so last year I decided my daughter wasn't getting the flu shot, and last year was the first year my daughter didn't get sick with something. Coincidence? Maybe, but this will be her second year with no flu shot.

I think the world would be a better place if everyone was forced to do Jello-shots.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Couple of things: First, the immune system is similar to a muscle... if one does not exercise it... it does not work well.

Second: For decades the govt has been telling us to eat lots of 'whole grains'... Well if one does some research one will find the food item that spikes the GI (glycemic index) the highest is wheat (and spiking the GI index repeatedly is proven to lead to type 2 diabetes)... MeThinks the govt has the farmers interests ahead of the public... SOOO

Personally, I will pass on vaccines... other than tetanus.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast