Hi there. Just purchased a ~ 2450 sq. ft. condo with a Lennox G51MP-60C-110-08 furnace, and a Lennox 13ACD-060-230-05 condensing unit. They're controlled by a Lennox ComfortSense 3000 control. I unfortunately don't know the model number of the coil (the house is now in contract, and I can't get back into it for another month). Some questions I'm grateful for answers to:
1. Because the furnace doesn't have a variable-speed blower, I'm assuming that the A/C has a 13 SEER rather than any boost in efficiency that the furnace can sometimes provide... correct?
2. There's no humidifier currently, and I anticipate installing one because it's dry indoors and there's relatively little envelope modification to be done. Any recommendations as to powered vs. non-powered (I've read a little about both, and I don't know that I understand one to be superior)?
3. I'd like to upgrade the control to something that will do all of the following:
- Control both heat and air, and provide for auto changeover between the two;
- Provide control over humidifier (rather than a furnace-mounted dedicated humidifier control), including automatic adjustment for outdoor temperature (I could hardwire an outdoor sensor, though wireless would be better);
- Allow WiFi remote access of all system settings (system on/off, temp, fan setting, humidity setting);
- Allow dehumidification by either overcooling, or -- preferably -- adjusting blower speed (if that's even possible with this furnace);
- Allow for time-of-day programming of both temperature and fan setting
As best I can tell, that list points toward the Honeywell Prestige 2.0 IAQ with the EIM, outdoor sensor, and internet bridge -- because as best I can tell, the Lennox iComfort WiFi is incompatible and the Nest, the Ecobee, and the VisionPro WiFi meet some but not all of these specs. Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!