Thread: New member.

Hybrid View

New member.

Hey, everyone. I'm somewhat new to the field. I got my EPA cert. years ago but didn't have much opportunity to use it. I'm currently getting OJT with the hopes of reaching the next rung on the ladder. I'm in facilities maint. and the equipment I work on varies. One day it could be a 20 ton unit, the next a small fridge, the next taking a package unit and making it a split. Training can be sporadic and there's no set curriculum. The guy who trains me is super knowledgable though and tries to get me out in the field as much as possible which helps. I also get to fill in if he's super busy. All that said I do feel as though I'm standing at the bottom of Mt. Everest at times. Which I guess is what brings me here. I have a desire to do things right and keep learning.

Look forward to learning what I can from you guys.

Thanks

Welcome!
    Sounds like you are learning from a real knowledgeable guy. I would definitely learn all you can from him. That kind of diversity will teach you a lot of controls and electric understanding that can be applied in a lot of fields.
    I was lucky to learn early on from a pretty well rounded guy who was heading toward retirement age, and willing to share the knowledge, those kid of mentors are not easy to find most times. (as i found before meeting him, and after he retired).

As far as the bottom of the mountain, meh, most of us feel that way every time we see something new we have to learn, but a good understanding of how switches and circuits work (and reading schematics) make the mountain seem a little smaller and less intimidating.

Welcome and good luck!

welcome
    ask questions when you are with the trainer, ask a lot of questions.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement guys.