Views: 2535
Size:  57.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2449
Size:  40.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2475
Size:  60.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2327
Size:  27.8 KB

Real estate inspection. This home is selling for a tad over $750,000. Notice the restricted Hyperion plenums. Poor ODU air flow. Two returns for two different systems right next to each other.

Pay that much and get this kind of quality. That is a shame....wall of shame.

Post Likes
    Whoever installed that sure likes his duct sealant LOL. Enough to use it as paint!!

Post Likes
    Looks real sh!tty

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Didn't think they had 750k homes in Georgia, not after the housing crises.
    Always here

Post Likes
    I bet the kitchen is amazing.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Check out the pictures from the thread "Should another return be helpful". It is also a house in GA. It must be normal for them.

Absolutely the worst ductwork I have ever seen. Makes these pictures look like the guy had some pride.

Post Likes
    See the same around here.. High $$ homes with the absolutely worst mechanicals possible. See it at least once a week. And people wonder why we don't get the bids to do new houses. Always get the call to go wipe someones ass though.

Post Likes
    So true jimmyed! He was for sure make sure that it was sealed with the paint job. Maybe he missed his calling. Would have made a much better painter. Most GC's around here want the cheapest air installation they can get so that prevents us from getting very many jobs. I just refuse to do a cheap job and work for peanuts!! If it wasn't for our service work it would be hard to make it.

Post Likes
    Many people won't change filters when its easy, then put two different size filters there and only one will get changed. The company I work for hasn't done new construction in years, always get out bid by the guys that do this crap, they get away with it because its the kitchen and bath that sell the house and by the tim they complain about the HVAC they've already been living there and its very expensive to fix the hacked in stuff even if you don't have to cut open walls to get to the crushed flex.

Post Likes
    last 750+ home I was in, one of the contractors was busy cutting floor joists out from the 1st to the 5th floor to install the vent for the fireplace that someone forgot about. just cause it costs that much doesn't mean it's worth that much.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe RBVBD View Post
    Whoever installed that sure likes his duct sealant LOL. Enough to use it as paint!!
    The only part of the job I like.

Man, could they have put that CU into that corner any tighter? Guess that coil probably won't freeze...

Post Likes
    Where is the rat ****? Our higher end homes normally include rodent infestation. We call the custom home market "custom headaches".

Post Likes
    Nice

Post Likes
    Down here, most folks gets these high $ homes, and everything they make goes into trying to keep it out of forclosure, and so they skimp on all the right repairs...
    Testing....Signature on Full Site Forum

Post Likes
    Lets see, $4k house payment, a bmw 3 series lease 400, a large loaded suv lease, 600, eating at fancy returants 5 times a month...500... wifes weekly spa appointment and healthclub...and cloithing allowance 2000, alcohol to deal with your,"perfect" life 500, copay on precription meds and therapist to do the same 300.... nope not much left for maintenance even on a nearly 200k salary and with a good accountant so you pay the same rate as a hvac tech making 1/4 as much. .

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Lets see, $4k house payment, a bmw 3 series lease 400, a large loaded suv lease, 600, eating at fancy returants 5 times a month...500... wifes weekly spa appointment and healthclub...and cloithing allowance 2000, alcohol to deal with your,"perfect" life 500, copay on precription meds and therapist to do the same 300.... nope not much left for maintenance even on a nearly 200k salary .
    Lmao!

And paying an extra $200 mo on utilities because they weren't willing to pay an extra $80 a month for better design and equipment at build stage? Another great Beanism:

http://www.healthyheating.com/Built-...%2EULq08-SxCko

Post Likes
    mastic happy! I would like to see the static numbers. I dont know which is easier to access the goodman airhandler or condenser unit, and did they just replace the old AH and hook the hyperion to the old goodman condenser unit? They can now say they have a new trane unit on house listing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Didn't think they had 750k homes in Georgia, not after the housing crises.
    We probably have more $1m+ houses than you do in Del...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    looks like crap

Post Likes
    Just went to house on an island in golden eagle(rich people) w a quality spider duct system. Awesome

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in