Thread: Fluke 189

Post Likes

Fluke 189

Anybody using this meter ? I am considering it for my new tool. I have the 89V and it has served me well. I was just wondering if the 189 would be a good fit to this industry. I do a lot of work on VFD's and soft starters. I know they cost a lot more then most meters and I have seen some places taking them off the shelves. Thanks for all replies. -GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    That meter looks to be discontinued. Replaced my the 280 series..

I use the 28II works well on VFD's and such. No data logging tho..

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/digi....htm?PID=56041

Post Likes

Post Likes
    OOOPS ! My bad, I meant the Fluke-289, not 189. It is hell to get old.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    I have a 289 but I don't use it like I thought I would. It's not a good every-day meter. It actually takes a few seconds to boot up when you turn it on, and even though the screen is very large the actual numbers are very small and low contrast. It's also a lot bigger in real life than it looks in pictures.
    That said, I have very high confidence in its accuracy and durability and I'm always finding new ways to use the logging feature.