Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In the Allen West contest they failed to complete the recount by a required deadline thus the original vote was certified. Several questions are still unanswered such as allegations of 900 votes cast in a precinct with only 7 registered voters.

A TV station in Florida documented several cases of non-citizens voting, one person admitted to voting in many elections. One gentleman stated he knew nothing about him being registered. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJDu...&feature=share

A key point was that the Motor Voter Law doesn't provide any method of verifying citizenship other than self identification on the form.

Oddly enough, Obama didn't win in any state that required a photo ID to vote. Not proof, just an odd and totally unconnected coincidence that means absolutely nothing.

A total of 300,000 votes among 3 swing states would have turned the electoral vote for Romney.
    Last edited by allan38; 11-28-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Oddly enough, Obama dud win the election andis having a profound effect on conservatism and its lackeys in the GOP and its bastard child the Tea Party

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Oddly enough, Obama dud win the election andis having a profound effect on conservatism and its lackeys in the GOP and its bastard child the Tea Party
    Ya know Ace... I hate to do this to you... however:

The posts I read from you are more hot air and smoke than factual and useful for though, discussion, and growth of the thought process... SOOO

You get to join a few frozen chosen folks whose posts do not appear on my screen. Life is just too short to waste my time reading drivel from someone that does not make any sense... rather behaves like a child looking for attention.

Bye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know Ace... I hate to do this to you... however:

The posts I read from you are more hot air and smoke than factual and useful for though, discussion, and growth of the thought process... SOOO

You get to join a few frozen chosen folks whose posts do not appear on my screen. Life is just too short to waste my time reading drivel from someone that does not make any sense... rather behaves like a child looking for attention.

Bye.
    I will say that there are a lot of intelligent people who post on these forums; and they all would identify themselves differently. I don't agree with many of them, but I have learned a lot about not only others', but my own convictions by reading and posting here. I wonder what the forum would look like if everyone simply ignored everyone else that had a different opinion? The only kind of person that ignores others with a different point of view is someone who's arrogant and believes they have nothing to learn from others. You should admit it, GA... You're not here to promote open discussion or growth of any thought process. It's so obvious that you're here to preach to people in a condescending manner to shore up your own ego.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I will say that there are a lot of intelligent people who post on these forums; and they all would identify themselves differently. I don't agree with many of them, but I have learned a lot about not only others', but my own convictions by reading and posting here. I wonder what the forum would look like if everyone simply ignored everyone else that had a different opinion? The only kind of person that ignores others with a different point of view is someone who's arrogant and believes they have nothing to learn from others. You should admit it, GA... You're not here to promote open discussion or growth of any thought process. It's so obvious that you're here to preach to people in a condescending manner to shore up your own ego.
    There is a HUGE difference between someone that blows sound bytes all the time... and someone that thinks and communicates those thoughts. Over the years I have tried to discuss with the former... they just blow and blow and blow... and do NOT listen. The latter, OTOH (on the other hand) are quite interesting to discuss, argue, debate, agree, and learn from/with.

Can you give me examples (hypothetical would IMO be better than citing threads at H-talk) of the two communication styles mentioned in my post?

BTW: I like your new Avatar picture... reminds me of govt in general (regardless of who is elected).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

There is a HUGE difference between someone that blows sound bytes all the time... and someone that thinks and communicates those thoughts. Over the years I have tried to discuss with the former... they just blow and blow and blow... and do NOT listen. The latter, OTOH (on the other hand) are quite interesting to discuss, argue, debate, agree, and learn from/with.
    This from the King of Pass- Along E-Mails.

Well, if Allen West was put out by gerrymandering, and the GOP was in charge of it... logic does not bode well for TRUE conservatism.
    GOP and true conservatism have very little to do with one another. Ron Paul is a true conservative and he is roundly dismissed as kook fringe, but represented more of our nation's founding principles than any of the other presidential candidates combined. He was someone that wished to conserve our traditional American values of freedom, opportunity, small government, and sound money.

The word "Conservatism" has been co-opted, replaced, and redefined in the modern political lexicon from what it means in the dictionary. Conservative in the modern sense means you spend huge sums on military and bomb anyone that gets in your way.

It's extremely childish to put someone on ignore. But I' m OK with it. From this point on , I don't have to hold back, out of respect, for those self anointed preachers that cannot make a living preaching the word and have to masquerade as a small business owner. Adios Amigo

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    GOP and true conservatism have very little to do with one another. Ron Paul is a true conservative and he is roundly dismissed as kook fringe, but represented more of our nation's founding principles than any of the other presidential candidates combined. He was someone that wished to conserve our traditional American values of freedom, opportunity, small government, and sound money.

The word "Conservatism" has been co-opted, replaced, and redefined in the modern political lexicon from what it means in the dictionary. Conservative in the modern sense means you spend huge sums on military and bomb anyone that gets in your way.
    Believe me, you are preaching to the choir on that one! Only the folks caught up in talking heads still think the GOP is really conservative.

We need to route out the 'old guard' from the GOP, and re-stuff it with TeaParty folks. Then watch the Dems beaten all over the country.

The good part of our country is we are free to elect whatever we want to... the bad part of our country is we are free to elect whatever we want to... The difference is common sense, experience, and taking responsibility for one-self.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

The difference is not voting for some illegitimate(bastard) party that has ruined the once vererable GOP. As long as they are in control of the GOP, democrats will take over the county

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The difference is not voting for some illegitimate(bastard) party that has ruined the once vererable GOP. As long as they are in control of the GOP, democrats will take over the county

You mean you support the Marxist Party then ace? Nice to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You mean you support the Marxist Party then ace? Nice to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    where do I say that? If the GOP cannot rid itself of the evangelical conservatives, then it is doomed. And I want nothing to do with the GOP as long as they are calling the shots.

I would prefer the morals of Christian conservatives over the absence of morality supported and maintained by the progressive liberal left.

The left has no scruples.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast