Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What a Conservative Candidate Sounds Like

This guy has a great way of looking at subjects and explaining his point of view.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/11/2307...e-sounds-like/
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Too bad everybody can't hear people like this. We need alot more like this. More like this would wake up the sleeping masses if they actually heard this kind of thing. But we'd probably have to send the current media to China for "re-education" for awhile.........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

While some of things he said were just silly rabble-rousing bumper sticker fodder and cheap applause bait, I don't disagree with the bulk of it, or the message.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

You know, I just can't stop thinking....

What the heck happened to Allen West!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Allen West got thrown overbaord with the rest of the tea party people that were elected in an alarmist knee-jerk reaction.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Allen West lost (and just barely) because of Gerrymandering in the final months leading up to the election. Mission accomplished.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

The gerrymandering was done by the GOP.

That's not what I recall Ace. What I recall is that it was slanted towards the Dem. running mates favor. Who did it does not matter, nor change the facts that the establishment wanted him out and they had to use back door underhandedness to do it. JMHO.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Well , read your local paper or yahoo page. There is a big article on the GOP supposedly doing somethings to restrain the vote. And if I'm not mistaken , Florida's legislature is controlled by the GOP. Making it virtually impossible for the Dems to gerrymander districts. The GOP did the same thing here in Texas with a new district that was predominately Hispanic. The feds ruled it illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    That's not what I recall Ace. What I recall is that it was slanted towards the Dem. running mates favor. Who did it does not matter, nor change the facts that the establishment wanted him out and they had to use back door underhandedness to do it. JMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Well , read your local paper or yahoo page. There is a big article on the GOP supposedly doing somethings to restrain the vote. And if I'm not mistaken , Florida's legislature is controlled by the GOP. Making it virtually impossible for the Dems to gerrymander districts. The GOP did the same thing here in Texas with a new district that was predominately Hispanic. The feds ruled it illegal
    Well, if Allen West was put out by gerrymandering, and the GOP was in charge of it... logic does not bode well for TRUE conservatism.

I have been saying this for a while... IMO this tidbit about gerrymandering to put your own guy out supports my thesis: The 'old guard' in the GOP is what us conservatives really need to get rid of. Seems to me they are not much different than the dems in they do not want the light of day and common sense and responsibility shined on ANY polecats.

Time to rebuild the GOP with TEA PARTY folks.

BTW: IMO Mitt lost the election, BHO did not win.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Failure to accept reality was the GOP problem. That and their candidates continually placing their foot in their mouth

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Failure to accept reality was the GOP problem. That and their candidates continually placing their foot in their mouth
    I do not care which side partakes the mandering of gerry; it's corruption and deliberately done to sway elections. Wrong is wrong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast