Scotsman DCE33 Hot Gas Valve

I own a Sub-zero Ice maker that is a re-branded DCE33 Scotsman.
    It is two years old and under warranty - but of course - it has stopped making ice during Thanksgiving
    (just like heaters going out in winter and AC's going out in summer - ice makers go out when you have a party).

The unit has no ice, it is "warm" inside the box - bone dry. No water - nothing - just a hot box with the compressor running. I suspected the unit failed in some way a day or so earlier - enough to melt all the ice and evaporate all the water.

So I suspected the timer - even though I replaced it a month earlier. I advanced the timer manually to start the water fill, spray/freeze cycle. The water fill was normal and the freeze cycle started. The circulating water did not cool. At first I suspected the compressor/ sealed unit, but it seems to be working fine. A low freon leak should have shut the unit down and the thermal overload kick in if there was an internal short.

So I am thinking it is the hot gas valve. My question is that after only two years operation - is it reasonable it could be the hot gas valve? Could it still be the compressor? When I left the unit on for 15 minutes (no ice of course) - the compressor became normally hot and the water in the reservoir rose in temperature.

The unit is under warranty - but I won't be able to get it fixed until after the holiday - and I need ice. Perhaps tapping the hot gas valve? Could that work?

Thanks

Anything COULD work. You need an experienced tech to come out and properly diagnose the unit. Looks like you'll be buying ice at the 7-11.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Anything COULD work. You need an experienced tech to come out and properly diagnose the unit. Looks like you'll be buying ice at the 7-11.
    It figures - right?! A $2,000 unit and when I need it most. 7-11 won't work because they don't sell the perfectly clear cube ice for Scotch (otherwise I would just use the refrigerator's ice maker). It's one of those parties.

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

It's the bin thermostat.