Peerless evap motors

I looked at a peerless 4 fan evaporator this morning at my butchers shop. They had a power outage this morning and 3 of the 4 ecm evap motors burnt out. Can I replace these expensive little motors with standard wattage single pole motors? The ecm motors are expensive and don't appear to do anything other than move air in a single speed. I see no real advantage of these motors and they are 3 times as much as the standard shaded pole motors.

Quote Originally Posted by freonjohn View Post
    I looked at a peerless 4 fan evaporator this morning at my butchers shop. They had a power outage this morning and 3 of the 4 ecm evap motors burnt out. Can I replace these expensive little motors with standard wattage single pole motors? The ecm motors are expensive and don't appear to do anything other than move air in a single speed. I see no real advantage of these motors and they are 3 times as much as the standard shaded pole motors.
    Not sure, but if the unit is controlling defrost with the likes of KE2 and not standard defrost (I.e. time clock) then I believe the answer is no!
    Having ecm mtrs, sways me towards KE2!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

It has no defrost. It is a cooler. Single speed motors that run 24/7. These little ecm motors cost 4 times as much as shaded pole 16 watt motors, and in 3 years all 4 have been replaced once.

and the guy who sold them on the unit probably told them about how much money they would save on their energy bill
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Actually they bought the entire system on line and it was shipped right to their door. I hooked it all up and get free deer processing for life and taxidermy for cost. They are also friends of mine.