Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

impact magnetic nut drivers

I got a set of craftsman nut drivers for my impact gun....they suck. The magnets are weak and the magnet falls out of the 5/16 evwry now and then and i spend 5 minutes trying to get it back in to the bit. I'm thinking i need to replace, any recommendation on brands? One guy i work with has sone dewalts drivers that seem ok. Milwaukee? Klein? What do you use/like?

Post Likes
    I use dewalt or Malco there's nothing worse than crappy chucks. It makes everything so much easier when you use quality chucks.

Post Likes
    Dewalt DMPVTDRV 4 Piece Impact ready offset nut drivers 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16"
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    I have DeWalt, Milwaukee and Craftsman chucks. I also have a couple sets from Harbor Freight (yeah, I know). The HF ones have held up just as well as the other big name brands.
    I will say I don't install, and I don't do sheet metal, so they don't get used on a daily basis. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of them.

Post Likes
    I use the craftsman brand and mine work fine for me. Craftsman usually offers lifetime warranty maybe try to exchange them for a new set so that way you dont have to spend more money on another set. If they still do not fit your needs maybe try dewalt

Post Likes
    I have Malco and Dewalt. I prefer the Malco. I have a 1/4" that still holds metal zip screws great, and I have had it for years.

Post Likes
    I have used Malco and from what I have done with them I can say im pretty impressed

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Dewalt DMPVTDRV 4 Piece Impact ready offset nut drivers 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16"
    What he said. They are far and away my favorite drivers.

Post Likes
    I have Hilmor's. Pretty happy so far.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Do you really like the pivot drivers? I get that it would be helpful in tighter spots, but thought that it would make it harder to get a zip screw started... They already seem to walk on me all the time as it is.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fozziee2 View Post
    Do you really like the pivot drivers? I get that it would be helpful in tighter spots, but thought that it would make it harder to get a zip screw started... They already seem to walk on me all the time as it is.
    I love the swivel drivers. The swivel can be locked straight, which is how I use them most of the time. The swivel sure is nice for the many tight spots we get into.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    klien are good so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast