Post Likes

Torque wrench for belt driven equipment

Just curious if anyone uses a torque wrench to torque bushings to flywheels and such. Tightening the bolts on a bushing always has me on edge.

Post Likes
    You should not just torque fasteners but tighten them in their proper sequence also, why be a hamfist and strip, warp and break things?
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    You should not just torque fasteners but tighten them in their proper sequence also, why be a hamfist and strip, warp and break things?
    Maybe I should rephrase the question. I am looking for a torque wrench to use for belt driven equipment. Can someone recommend a torque wrench ?

Post Likes
    I carry two torque wrenches for such work, one in ft-lbs and the other in in/lbs. I think they came from Grainger. Can't remember the brand.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    You should get torque wrenches with the torque you want roughly in the middle of their range, say you are torquing fasteners at 100 ft lbs use a wrench with 0 - 200 ft lbs, say 50 ft lbs get one with 0 - 100 ft lbs and so on. Just like gauges they are more accurate in the middle of their range. I carry five of them, starting with a torque screwdriver and others up to 250 ft lbs.