+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buderus boiler

Post Likes

Buderus boiler

Hi,I have a customer with a Buderus G124SP boiler and the flue hi temp safety keeps opening on occasion and shutting the boiler down,the boiler is located it a large open basement they have recently installed a pellet stove in the basement but it has its own makeup air supply from outside, my question would be wether or not a small fresh air vent installed by the boiler would solve this problem?

Thanks

Post Likes
    This is a dangerous situation. You have a venting problem. Fresh air will not fix it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    This is a dangerous situation. You have a venting problem. Fresh air will not fix it
    X2, fix the vent or people can die

Post Likes

Confused Venting issue

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    The fact is that the boiler has been fine for 6years until the pellet stove was installed and the door at the top of the cellar stairs is being left opened so the warm air will rise I am thinking this may be causing a back draft down the flue on occasion that is creating the problem.

Post Likes
    Have you hooked a combustion analyzer up to boiler? This can tell you all the data you need to correct issue. Without knowing your draft pressure you are only guessing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in