Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecake

Post Likes

Cheesecake

Pretty simple cheesecake recipe--tried & true.

Cheesecake

Ingredients for Crust

• 1 & 1/3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
    • 1/4 cup melted butter
    • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup of sugar

Mix all together and then press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 pyrex pan or regular metal 9 X 13 pan.

Ingredients for Filling

• 3 (8-oz) packages of Philadelphia cream cheese—softened
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup of sugar
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Beat well on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour on top of crust and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Ingredients for Topping—Put on AFTER filling is baked

• 16 ounces of sour cream—I use Daisy brand
    • 3 tablespoons of sugar
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. After the filling is baked, take out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Turn oven up to 500 degrees. Pour topping mixture over the cake and then bake again at 500 degrees for 5 minutes.

Note: You might even want to make this 3 days in advance because it seems to taste even better after it has been in the fridge 3 days.

Post Likes
    Hi, thanks for sharing another recipe for cheesecake. Actually, that's one of my favorite cakes. I also tried doing similar to that but its a no bake Blueberry Cheesecake. You may want to try it.

Post Likes
    Here is my cheese cake recipe

4 8oz packs cream cheese
    6 eggs
    1 16oz sour cream
    2 cups sugar
    3 teaspoons corn starch
    1/8 lb. Butter

mix all ingredients together place ingredients in 9inch dia. x 3in deep spring form pan. Place spring form pan into another pan (roasting pan) with one inch of water in it. Place in preheated 450 degree oven. Bake one hour. Open oven door to cool as you want to cool slowly. As a variation, you may place pie filling into cake by pouring 1/2 of the mixture into spring form pan, then add filling, and then add the rest of mixture.

This recipe is top secret. You may give this out to friends but you may be required to kill them afterwards.

For my oven, I bake at 450º for 40 minutes and then lower to 425º for the reminder of time. This helps prevent the top from getting black.
    Remember to cool slowly to prevent cracking. Remember to cut around the spring form pan before opening.

4 8oz packs cream cheese
    6 eggs
    1 16oz sour cream
    2 cups sugar
    3 teaspoons corn starch
    1/8 lb. Butter

mix all ingredients together place ingredients in 9inch dia. x 3in deep spring form pan. Place spring form pan into another pan (roasting pan) with one inch of water in it. Place in preheated 450 degree oven. Bake one hour. Open oven door to cool as you want to cool slowly. As a variation, you may place pie filling into cake by pouring 1/2 of the mixture into spring form pan, then add filling, and then add the rest of mixture.

This recipe is top secret. You may give this out to friends but you may be required to kill them afterwards.

For my oven, I bake at 450º for 40 minutes and then lower to 425º for the reminder of time. This helps prevent the top from getting black.
    Remember to cool slowly to prevent cracking. Remember to cut around the spring form pan before opening.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Hay, Ex didn't anyone ever tell you cheesecake is not good for your girlish figure! Not good if you want to be asked out on a date!

Post Likes
    For me it is a real challange to cook the cheesecake. Every time I cook it, it burns

Post Likes
    I had prepared cheesecake and it was awesome. Cheesecakes are my favourite dessert.

Post Likes
    Thanks for posting this

Post Likes
    Izzys cheese cakes from Maine to NY and expanding.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Izzys cheese cakes from Maine to NY and expanding.
    No need to get cheese cake outside NYC, We have tons of places to get great cake!

Post Likes
    Some from Maine

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Pretty simple cheesecake recipe--tried & true.

Cheesecake

Ingredients for Crust

• 1 & 1/3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
    • 1/4 cup melted butter
    • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup of sugar

Mix all together and then press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 pyrex pan or regular metal 9 X 13 pan.

Ingredients for Filling

• 3 (8-oz) packages of Philadelphia cream cheese—softened
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup of sugar
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Beat well on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour on top of crust and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Ingredients for Topping—Put on AFTER filling is baked

• 16 ounces of sour cream—I use Daisy brand
    • 3 tablespoons of sugar
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. After the filling is baked, take out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Turn oven up to 500 degrees. Pour topping mixture over the cake and then bake again at 500 degrees for 5 minutes.

Note: You might even want to make this 3 days in advance because it seems to taste even better after it has been in the fridge 3 days.

I made this, but it is a little lumpy. I don't know if it was the off brand cream cheese my wife bought for me, or if it was because I mixed it all up when the cheese was still cold. It tastes good, but there a lumps in it.

I'll try it again with Philadelphia Cream Cheese that is at room temp.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Thanks for posting!! Definitely I will try this out.

Post Likes
    Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast