Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodman GMVC Strange Issue

Hi everyone, we installed a dual fuel zoned system for a customer a few years back. He called and told me his stand-up crawlspace was flooded and the furnace was partially submerged. He got the water removed then I came out to have a look. The lower compartment that houses the fan and circuitry was 3/4 submerged. I ordered a new blower, circuit board and transformer(s) came out the next day and installed them. When it came time to fire it up the circuit board reads "c1" (low stage cooling) then "d0" (data not yet on network). It does not have a Comfortnet control yet its giving off this bizarre code. I disconnected the low voltage, the fan harness and inducer/ignition harness from the board yet the problem persists. I cannot get it to stop reading "c1" then going to "d0". If I were to go out to a service call I would diagnose a bad circuit board but what are the odds of the new board being bad out of the box? Could the harness be water damaged? Thanks

GMVC95090
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

I was thinking the harness has some residual water in it or corrosion.

But, I have had many parts bad out of the box.

Maybe there is a dip switch to change or something?

Please let us know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    It does not have a Comfortnet control yet its giving off this bizarre code.

GMVC95090
    These Goodman communicating capable furnace must have shared data to operate, even in a non-ComfortNet, 24 volt installations.

I know the replacement of either the control board or the indoor fan motor will not create a “no-data” issue, but not sure what happens if you remove both.

Did you try reinstalling the memory card to restore the data?
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Memory card? I did not know there was such a thing on the circuit board. How would I I re-install it if there is in deed a memory card?

-Alfred E Newman

The test and download cord was unplugged to soon at the factory and it wiped all the data off the control board, the board is bad and needs to be replaced. Goodman had this problem a lot when the gmvc first came out maybe the board you got has been sitting on the shelf for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Memory card? I did not know there was such a thing on the circuit board. How would I I re-install it if there is in deed a memory card?
    You install the memory card on the control board by plugging it into the white colored socket.

The memory cards are unit specific, so you'll need the full model number when you pick it up.

Send me an email (address is in my profile), and I'll forward you a picture of where on the board the chip goes.

I can't post anything here because this is an "OPEN" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    You install the memory card on the control board by plugging it into the white colored socket.

The memory cards are unit specific, so you'll need the full model number when you pick it up.

Send me an email (address is in my profile), and I'll forward you a picture of where on the board the chip goes.

Email sent. THANKS!

-Alfred E Newman

rundawg, could you please send this to me also?

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    rundawg, could you please send this to me also?
    Check your email.

Check your email.
    Thanks

I hooked up the card to the board late last week and it fired up fine. The retarded thing is that Johnstone had 1 of these in Memphis and that was it. If I didn't get that one overnighted it would have been a 2 week factory order. Keep that in mind if you ever have to replace both the blower and board...

-Alfred E Newman

Do one at a time. And restore power. Than replace other item.

I'm dealing with this very same situation...... Board got surged during an electrical power failure. Replaced the board and it did not recognize the motor...... replaced the motor and now the code is d0, No Data....... I'm awaiting the chip/memory card from Johnstone at this time...... I'm wondering if the motor was even bad, maybe just the Bell end with the electronics in it. Either way, the old parts are in for warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast