+ Reply to Thread

Thread: micron gage

Post Likes

micron gage

i have a field piece digital micron gage. sometimes i have doubts about it,
    im thinking of getting a new micron gage, i see alot of people swear by the blue vac the price is not bad. my question is alot of older techs more old school say they prefer analog stuff over digital, so i was looking at the robinair 14010A micron gage. its about double the price of the blue vac. why so much more? or is blue vac good compared to others in its class. i wouldnt want to over pay for nothing but i dont have a problem with over paying for quality,. any input with your experience on this micron gage and other gages, is appreciated

Post Likes
    "Old School" techs prefer analog to digital because that is what they were trained on and they typically refuse to change.

There is no real advantage to using an analog gauge of ANY type over a quality digital gauge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    "Old School" techs prefer analog to digital because that is what they were trained on and they typically refuse to change.

There is no real advantage to using an analog gauge of ANY type over a quality digital gauge.
    yeah thats true once your used to something you dont want to change, i could understand that, when i use the term old school its not in an offensive way some people take it that way. i respect other techs i wish i could have all your knowledge. if i may ask what micron gage do you prefer

Post Likes
    BluVac

Post Likes
    Bluvac for me, too. It is as precise as they get. It will change the way you evacuate. It will reveal leaks in your hoses and manifold you didn't know were there. It will force you to switch to vacuum rated hoses and valve core removal tools. Plus it can be calibrated without sending it out.

Post Likes
    I have the yellow jacket and I doubt it. Always have a lot of trouble with it. Sometimes when I remove it from a system it doesn't show a rise.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Yellow jacket for me! Yellow jacket LCD vacuum gauge M# 69075

I have had many brands it as worked the best for me.

Post Likes
    oops!

Post Likes
    I used to get angry at the bluvac. Hadda dump it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in