+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge antique/vintage thermostat collection (mostly Honeywell)

Post Likes

Huge antique/vintage thermostat collection (mostly Honeywell)

So I bought a house from a guy who was a bit of a hoarder. The house was built in the 60s and he was the only owner and when I was going through the attic, I kept noticing boxes of old antique thermostats. At the time, I didn't think anything of it. I just went through the boxes again, and it appears they are very old and possibly worth a lot of money. I haven't counted for sure but it seems that they are around 30 or 40 total.

Almost all of them appear to be Honeywell. They seem to range in various ages but nothing close to being modern. There are some round, some rectangle, vertical reading, horizontal reading, cast iron, plastic, some with clocks, some in the original boxes with original paperwork, etc. I will try to get some pictures of them more in depth tomorrow. Most of them seem to have been kept very well and a lot of them are wrapped in cloths to preserve them.

I might be looking to sell them on here but I honestly am really just looking for more info about them and their age. I will try to edit this post sometime tomorrow with in-depth pictures and serial numbers and whatever else I can find. In the little research I have done, this collection seems to be very extensive compared to what I've seen. Any info or sites with guides would be greatly appreciated because I am not an HVAC guy and know nothing about it. Thank you.

Post Likes
    post pics
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    I completely forgot about posting pictures on here. My bad. I am running out the door so there is only a rappy pic from my phone but once I get back home I will take more in depth pictures up close of the individual ones. I counted it if I remember correctly, there were about 47 different ones in these boxes pictured. I need to go back into my attic and make sure I got them all.

Post Likes
    I've got a bunch of old carrier Tstats still in the box never opened, climate center or something like that

Post Likes
    I can't wait to see the pics. The old HVAC stuff is awesome and good to see to us young pups

Post Likes
    Wonder if HoneyWell would give you any $$$ for them... as museum stuff...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I just took all the pictures and I am about to work on resizing them and uploading there and editing it into the first post. a handful are in original boxes, have all the manuels, have cardboard "remove" tags that are still there, and I looked through some of the manuels and one had a date of 1954 and another had one from 1941. Some of these are in new condition, some like new, some obviously probably aren't working. It blew my mind actually going through the boxes. Be on the lookout for the pics in the next half hour or so.

Post Likes
    Here comes a huge post of pictures.

Box 1:

Box 2:

Box 3:
    The one wrapped in newspaper and taped has a date on the paper of 1966 so it's older than that. Based on the size, weight, and feel, it appears to be the same model as the one above it.

Post Likes
    Box 4:

Box 5:

Box 6:

On my wall:
    The above thermostat was partially functional but it did not switch off and on when set to "auto", I've since had to replace my furnace and A/C so they installed a new digital thermostat.

I know this is a ton of pictures but any info would be appreciated of where I should look into be it Museums, Buyers, etc. I am about two hours away from the Antique Archeology store in Nashville (American Picker guys) and have thought about calling them. Thanks guys.

Post Likes
    COOL stuff!

IMO the picker guys will try to get it cheap and make a profit.

If it were me, I would do some googling to find someone that can appraise them... might have to take a 'blue sky' approach on google: like blind shots until a trail opens up to find what you are looking for.

Cool collection! I remember most of them... a few I have never seen in person. Plan to copy the pics and save them... just for fun.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    The one above the one wrapped in newspaper looks like a Barbar Coleman stat that a bunch of the churches I work on use for chilled/boil water systems they are for operating proportional valves. Do they have 3 wires (red, blue, and yellow)? If so they are very expensive controllers and still in use today. TP8101 is the single action one, I think the dual one like in your pic is a TP8102

Post Likes
    Any HVAC talk is all foreign to me man. It appears I have 3 of the ones you are talking about, like the one wrapped in newspaper. Is there another part of this site that I should post these to get more info? I didn't want to post it somewhere against the rules.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
    Any HVAC talk is all foreign to me man. It appears I have 3 of the ones you are talking about, like the one wrapped in newspaper. Is there another part of this site that I should post these to get more info? I didn't want to post it somewhere against the rules.
    Anyone can see the junk yard and when using the iPhone app we just scroll trough and see everything.

Post Likes
    Nice collection. Check Ebay for some idea of value. Sell on Ebay. Honeywell people might scoop them up.
    Any takers here.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    I'm headed to Nashville tomorrow to trade a guitar amp so I'm gonna head by the Antique Archeology place and see what they say or maybe if they can appraise them. I just don't go into Nashville that often so I figure why not. Thanks for the replies.

Post Likes
    I'm not sure how much the round Honeywell ones would be worth. I replace those maybe two to four times a month.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The one above the one wrapped in newspaper looks like a Barbar Coleman stat that a bunch of the churches I work on use for chilled/boil water systems they are for operating proportional valves. Do they have 3 wires (red, blue, and yellow)? If so they are very expensive controllers and still in use today. TP8101 is the single action one, I think the dual one like in your pic is a TP8102
    See if you can find a model # on those ones.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    See if you can find a model # on those ones.
    The box the one above the one wrapped on newspaper says TA-151-0-3 The manual with it appears to be at least from the 50-60s but can't find a for sure date.

I think I have 3 barber Colman ones that same size, including the newspaper wrapped one.

Post Likes
    Few good ones,, but in Ny (real Buildings 20 fl and Up) buildings Every Basement will Have Box similar,,
    except for a few, I honestly would like one and use it as a case For a rasberry Pie,, Audrino.

The ones with clocks im sure a interior desighner would like,,, customer might be /retro

Post Likes
    Would anyone on here be interested in buying the lot of these? If so PM me with an offer and we'll go from there, I'd prefer not to deal with ebay.

I did go to the American Pickers store but never went inside because I met Mike out in a little side street about to get on his motorcycle and talked to him for a second and it wasn't anything he was looking to buy. All the stuff in that store were big sort of restored signs and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in