Thread: Danfoss 15ton

Post Likes

Danfoss 15ton

Danfoss 15 ton 240 volt 3 phase. Brand new still on the pallet. $950, hit me up on my email in my profile.
    "If you canít describe what you are doing as a process, you donít know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Danfoss 15 ton 240 volt 3 phase. Brand new still on the pallet. $950, hit me up on my email in my profile.
    Forgot the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If you canít describe what you are doing as a process, you donít know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

Post Likes
    Still available.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Still available.

Cant use the pump but would love to here the story.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

I was waiting for this question...
    There is a local clinic. It had a 15 ton condenser, with 3 furnaces and coils. I started servicing it in the early 80's. It had a big hermetic pot style compressor in it. And you could tell the pump had been changed out. It ran a few years with a little tlc. When it went out, we changed the whole condenser, with a Rheem. This style. Attachment 656361
    With a semi hermetic. Added a phase monitor, all was good. All the furnaces and coils had been changed out at this point also. Ran for about 15 years. My brothers company changed it out next. You have to realize this setup/clinic has been in operation since as far back as I remember. I used to play in my grandparents back yard when I was 6 or 7 years old, and heard this machine, and wondered what it could possibly be. It's really ironic, that I wound up to be their service provider. Any who, he puts in another condenser. The pump failed, under warranty. Since I had so much history with this system, he wanted me to assess the situation, pull the pump, take it to be warranted. So I do. When they bring the pump to the loading dock, it ain't good. The pallet was damaged, and a red flag went up. I did accept it, but noted on the invoice, that it was possibly damaged goods, and made them sign off on it. Well, come to find out, atleast that model of Danfoss, has to be handled with kid gloves, and can't even be tilted to side more than a certain amount of degrees. I looked up all that. On their website, when the second pump failed. They didn't want to warranty it, but I pulled out my pics I took on the dock, and the invoice, the they had signed off on. They had no choice but to take it back. But there was not another pump in stock. And there was a long wait time to get a replacement. So I told them to go ahead, and ship it, and I would be back then. In the mean time. We and the clinic decided to install 3 condensers, 3 line sets. That way, if 1 condenser fails, they still have 2 condensers for cooling. So we still have the Danfoss compressor.
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

Last edited by lions_lair; 01-01-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: 8

6. Likes Mike19 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Tell us more about the tip factor if you can .....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Tell us more about the tip factor if you can .....
    I saw your question, and have been trying to find the info. My Google fu, is failing me right now. But I will find it...
    It was several years ago, when I found this information.
    I was at a complete loss, as to why this second compressor failed,right off the pallet, never ran or pumped. So before I took it back for warranty, I did my homework. The azz wipe at the distributor, was ranting and carrying on, about, those Danfoss compressors are bullet proof yada yada, and I didn't know what I was doing. And if this compressor came back good, he was gonna charge our account. Well, it didn't, and they didn't.

Post Likes
    That thing sure is pretty. I wish I had a use for it. Being NOT 480v sure makes it more marketable for someone like myself. Just a little out of my service size. Got a full model and serial number ?

Post Likes
    I can get it. It's not at the shop at the office , but at the warehouse across town. I don't work there anymore, but I'm trying to get back on there. I had a better picture of it at one time. Some of the guys were going over there, and I asked for a picture, and this blurry image, is what they brought back.