Hydro Coil for Carrier Infinity Heat Pump

Gas is now available in my area and I was thinking about getting a boiler for DHW and to also feed a hyronic coil in my air handler for aux heat. The problem that i see is my installation is in a tight area. There is a 16" transition between outlet of air handler and main supply duct. Info that I see is that a Carrier hydronic coil is 18" tall. Are there other coils made that are not this high? Thanks

My equipment is a 3 ton 25HNA9 with FE4A-005 fan coil.

Thanks

Anyone?

A hw coil might add too much restriction for the infinity system to operate properly, I think they track static pressure and will lock out if ESP gets too high.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    A hw coil might add too much restriction for the infinity system to operate properly, I think they track static pressure and will lock out if ESP gets too high.
    Static when running blower at maximum is .33 right now based on reading on Infinity thermostat. I think I would be okay.

Yea sounds like it would be ok

I think a company called Aquacoil makes units that are designed to mount directly on different models of air handlers including Carrier. They even have the option of an integrated circulation pump. I thnk the Aqacoil is 7" high if a remember right. Do a google search and see what you think. Then see if you installer can get you costs to install it. Most of the cost will be on the piping of course.

IT might not be a bad applicaiton for a combi boiler and used with a outdoor reset to keep the boiler more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I think a company called Aquacoil makes units that are designed to mount directly on different models of air handlers including Carrier. They even have the option of an integrated circulation pump. I thnk the Aqacoil is 7" high if a remember right. Do a google search and see what you think. Then see if you installer can get you costs to install it. Most of the cost will be on the piping of course.

IT might not be a bad applicaiton for a combi boiler and used with a outdoor reset to keep the boiler more efficient.
    Looked at there website. As you said they are 8" high and come in different sizes to fit different air handlers. What do you mean by combi boiler? I need something that will vent with PVC due to location.

I am meeting with someone Friday evening to get a proposal. I am speaking with a Carrier dealer who also deals with boilers. Hopefully this is the right approach. Thanks for your help.