Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that the tool used plays into the justification of the act.
    With the direction we are headed in... You are probably right.

Man I hope it works out for you. When I installed/serviced for direct tv I started asking homeowners to secure their pets at all times I'm on the property. Some refused and I drove off.

I've been thinking about it.
    Wonder if we would get in trouble for mace or a stun gun?

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Next time, kill the dog. Seriously, grab its head with your free arm and snap its neck. It's just a dog.

I speak from experience.
    Amen! I carry a 12" bowie knife on my hip. I hear the slightest bark, growl or stampede, the steel comes out. I had a dog attack me in one basement when i was laying on my belly fixing a boiler. Thank god Carhardt makes thick jackets. Stab in the side and turn the knife to deflate the lung.-Puppy drops
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Did some work at a dog training facility, where they specialize in training aggressive dogs. Most were locked up on arrival, except for one that even the owner was afraid of. Made it clear to me that I was not to go back to my truck without him being in the yard. I didn't need my pipe wrench that day, but it never left my side

Plumber friend, decapitated a german shepard with a shovel. Courts basically laughed at the woman and told her they wouldn't be there if she could control her pets.

I have punted several ankle biters. Made one old lady cry. Went on to tell me it would't bite me, she had only had it 4 days. I have a Rottweiler, not afraid of dogs. If you are, they will know it. Never had an issue with a big dog, always them little worthless bark machines. I tell the customer to control their dog, if they don't I will make the dog not like me and be afraid of me. I don't care if they are watching or not. Not hard to lock a dog in a bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I'm a sole proprietor so I'm not covered by Workers Comp. Ohio's workers comp is bankrupt and extremely expensive, I carry health insurance but they won't pay because its the liability of the home owners.
    Gotcha. Comp exempt as they call it here.

Wow! Sorry to hear about something like that! it is tougher getting attacked by two, I have been attacked by one before, I kicked his ass, picked him up and threw him 20 ft through the air.
    Home owner came out and asked what I did to his dog. I said we were just communicating!

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    I remember someone asking me if I wanted the dog put down. I'm a dog person, I said no.
    Now if you could just have had the wife put down...

Great stories about dealing with dogs!
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

It would be a bit over $18K if it were me.

Wow!

I hope you make a full recovery!

I've been bitten at work myself ,,,and it sucks .

One time the HO had a kid hold the dog on a leash and the next thing I know the kid turned the dog loose.

The dog bit me and I had teeth holes in my leg...when I showed the HO the ***** got mad at ME demanding to know what I did to provoke her dog!!!!!!!!!!!

I was beyond pissed at this point and left .
    mikeacman

BTW in my opinion you should get all your bills paid , covered for lost time and revenue,and pain and suffering...

Anyone who fails to secure their animals is asking for it. Its their problem and fault . Not the dogs and not yours either.

I'm not saying be angry ... Make sure you get everything you would have earned,all your bills paid plus a bonus for all the BS you have and are going thru ,past present and future
    mikeacman

I'm seeing at least 180K
    mikeacman

Quote Originally Posted by perryaire View Post
    Wow! Sorry to hear about something like that! it is tougher getting attacked by two, I have been attacked by one before, I kicked his ass, picked him up and threw him 20 ft through the air.
    Home owner came out and asked what I did to his dog. I said we were just communicating!
    I laughed so hard I almost threw up ...thank you!!!
    mikeacman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast