+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invensys programming

Post Likes

Confused

What's the best way to learn their programming? It's based on Workplace Tech with Visio. It seems more complicated than necessary (a four meg file for a VAV box). We have JCI, deal with that in-house just fine, but low bid brought us Invensys on part of our state facility. The vendor would help us for a price, but we're a roll-your-own place. Any thoughts?

[Edited by hammer mechanic on 11-09-2006 at 04:58 PM]

Post Likes
    After Invensys became sucked up by T.A.C., I can;t find the training on their Website. Invensys used to offer a training course in Rockford, Il and I believe it was 3-4 days in length. That would be a easy solution if you haven't seen someone use Workplace Tech. It's not that difficult to learn but as always, you would learn it much faster if you had someone to show you. We found it to be much easier to spec the training and software in a new job so you are covered regardless what company you got for a TC contractor. Looks like your IFO would be interested in helping you learn their product. Sometimes it takes a call to the to top of the organization.RRH

Post Likes

Training info is here, it is under the support tab on the new website

http://www.invensysibs.com/InvensysB...ningCenter.htm

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Originally posted by controlgeek

Training info is here, it is under the support tab on the new website

http://www.invensysibs.com/InvensysB...ningCenter.htm
    The full data is at that site. Thanks. I've downloaded the PDF Precourse Data (53 pages!). There's some work to do before I do the actual training. It's just that I'm an old guy and have to forget something for everything new I learn.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in