Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Used White-Rodgers 7-Day Stat W/Humid Ctl. 4 sale @good price

Hi - Boss said I could post this: Because I added an Evolution stat when I replaced my furnace recently, I have a nearly-new high-end thermostat which I no longer need. It cost me about $150 on the internet (typically sells for $175 or so), but all I want is $100 after shipping (so figure ~$105 total).

It's a White-Rodgers 90 Series 1F97-391 thermostat with humidistat. It's in the original box with all the ancilliary parts and documentation. It was used for 1/2 a heating season. More information is here

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/...ts/WR_8677.pdf

It's Single Stage, w/7-day (or 5/1/1) programming. 4 Setting s per program, vacation schedule. Air filter change indicator. override from 15min to 19hr. Automatic Changeover, Energy Management. Energy Star.

Personally, I found it every ergonomic and easy to use. I just don't need it anymore.

If you're interested, send an Email to the address in my profile. With advance payment I'm happy to ship anywhere by USPS priority mail.

thanks
    /j

Re: Used White-Rodgers 7-Day Stat W/Humid Ctl. 4 sale @good price

Originally posted by jeffw_00
    It cost me about $150 on the internet (typically sells for $175 or so),
    Then you got ripped

Dude....I sell the same thing for 78.00....new!

Guys - There are White-Rodgers Stats of many different model numbers, feature sets, and price points. Certainly some are less expensive than this one. This one, that containts a HUMIDISTAT, is more expensive, because it does more. If anyone can point me to anyone selling a 1F97-391 (not the more popular, less-capable 1F97-371), for less than $140 with shipping, i'll accept I got ripped and drop my price, but I really think you're confusing models, they have a lot of them.

/j

[Edited by jeffw_00 on 11-10-2006 at 05:15 PM]

Good luck unloading that stat.

ummm why - it was a very good stat - full featured and easy to use. I think a lot of people have it confused with the same one that DOESN'T have a humidistat - that sells for the prices that have been quoted. I'm selling something in new condition for around the same price as the new one that doesn't have the humidistat - so you get humidity control for free. I'll even take less if someone makes a reasonable offer. I just have a problem with people suggesting I'm overcharging

/j

Since it sells locally for around $150, doesn't sound like he got ripped. You don't buy this sucker for $78! This has the features of the VP IAQ but without the touchscreen interface.

I would have to say you may need to go down in price to move it. Did you try e-bay?

Problem with ebay is that every 10 days I have to cough up another $5 to keep it listed. I'll take offers, but I don't think I should give it away.

Thanks BL
    /j

http://search.ebay.com/1F97-391_W0QQ...tleZ1F97Q2d391

I don't think you got ripped, but if someone paid your price for a used one, they'd be getting ripped. You never recover cost on an electrical component that's used, even for 1/2 a season. Happens to all of us.....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

your link is where I bought mine - was like $142 or something with shipping, and the lowest price for this model new. So I'm knocking 1/3 off the price for one that is essentially new. A few months of use doesn't degrade electronics. And you know mine isn't faulty
    /j

As smokin68 said, you probably did pay what your saying for this tstat, and you "might" find someone to buy it, but with electrical/electronic components, once used, can not be returned, and your best bet, if you really want to unload it, is take your best offer.
    If no one is making an offer, that tells you something..
    I don't want it, but I am figuring about 1/4 of what you paid for it...

ok - but why would 1/2 price for something in new condition not be a good deal?

Because it is an electrical/electronic item, that who knows if it works, let alone the warranty on it now, if there is one.
    We in this field are accustomed to no returns from our suppliers on anything electrical/electronic, let alone it is used now.
    If you can sell it, more power to you, it is just IMO, you might...be able to get 30-40 dollars for it.
    Maybe keep it for a backup, or give it to a friend?
    A good deal is if someone wants it.
    Why would an HVAC contractor on this forum, want a hundred dollar part, that will come with no warranty, and it is used now, if he or she sells it to their customer, and it does not work, or fails in 30 days?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast