Riello F5 40 series flame rollback

I'm working on a peerless wbv-04-150 with a riello F5 40 series burner running a 1.00 60B nozzle. Its burning poorly, smoke readings are pitch black but it isnt sooting up plugging the boiler. It's been running like this over a month. When I look at the flame its actually hitting the back of the combustion chamber and rolling back sometimes out the sight hole. I havent put a draft guage on it yet but can feel negative draft with my hand. Just looking for a few suggestions thanks

Do you have any training on Riello burners.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I had training probably 5 years ago and forget most of it. So now I have general knowledge of them, I know how to take them apart and make adjustments.

You might have to play with nozzle selection and pump pressure to get it running well.

Do you have; a fuel pressure gauge for riello pumps, a draft gauge, a smoke tester, and a combustion analyzer?

I have a smoke tester and combustion analyzer. Do I need a pressure tester specifically made for reillo? I adjusted the pressure with out checking it, I went as far as 2 turns counter clockwise then set it back to the way I found it. The chimney was being used for a wood stove also, the boiler being in the basement and the stove being directly above it so I'm wondering if draft could be a factor. The home owner is installing a chimney liner this weekend I told them I would return after that is done.

Wood and oil in the same chimney?

Yes wood and oil in the same chimney. The chimney cleaners wouldnt touch it so the home owners are installing seperate liners for each.

Quote Originally Posted by JBourn View Post
    I'm working on a peerless wbv-04-150 with a riello F5 40 series burner running a 1.00 60B nozzle. Its burning poorly, smoke readings are pitch black but it isnt sooting up plugging the boiler. It's been running like this over a month. When I look at the flame its actually hitting the back of the combustion chamber and rolling back sometimes out the sight hole. I havent put a draft guage on it yet but can feel negative draft with my hand. Just looking for a few suggestions thanks
    The chimney issue needs to be straightened out for sure.....its good that you're on it.

Some burners are not approved for use with certain boilers. In this case, I don't see the Riello approved with a 150. Beckett and Carlin burners are approved with that model according to the manufacturers instructions.
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...0f-dYQ&cad=rja

I'd give a call to Riello to ensure the manufacturer instructions match up with what Riello has approved.