Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 107
  1. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    I'm not sure about this socialist your talking about, but walmart employees do need some help. Those employees do make our lives cheaper because they work for so little. Maybe you guys haven't heard this but in chicago walmart wanted to build for years, only problem is chicago wanted walmart to pay taxes like every other business. Have you ever noticed a walmart gets built hangs around for 12-15yrs and suddenly they're building a better bigger store just for you a block away, thats because if they don't change locations they will get taxed - its part of the agreement.

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    You make a company sound like a country. Its not its an orginization out for its own good. There is no difference between a company and a union. Neither one is better or worse then the other. I'm so sick of hearing about socialists by one side and capitalists by the other. Stop feeding into this crap. There are good companies, there are bad companies. There are good unions and bad unions. Labor should be comitted to themselves, because thats whom the people at the top of the company, and the people at the top of the union is out for, and thinking others have your best interests at heart is the fastest way to find yourself at the bottom.
    I'm not just tossing words around to be offensive. Labor unions are Socialist, so why should it not be noted that they are Socialist? Labor unions were created out of Socialism and are still very much in line with Socialist politics. So no, I will not stop using a term that is accurate and truthful just because it offends those who want to whitewash what it is they support.

    A business is exactly like a company. Labor unions are not. Businesses are designed to make a profit so they can grow. In growing, businesses are able to employ more workers. Labor unions do not contribute to profits at all, and are in fact a financial burden on profits. Unless we are in a Communist country where businesses are 100% socialized under government control, businesses must make a profit in order to continue to exist.

    So no, you are very wrong about labor unions being the same as companies. Companies produce goods and services for a profit. Labor unions are parasitical organizations that feed off of companies while contributing nothing financially. Labor unions also decrease the amount of labor, in terms of number of employees, that a company can have and still maintain the same labor costs. Labor unions are essentially anti-labor.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Tariffs are necessary because the value of the dollar is less in the united states then around the world. It actually has nothing to do with the costs of Labor. That's just an excuse to hide what has really happened to our economy.
    So why is the value of the dollar less and why have we had tariff's when the value of the dollar is up?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by canusayinsanity View Post
    I'm not sure about this socialist your talking about, but walmart employees do need some help. Those employees do make our lives cheaper because they work for so little. Maybe you guys haven't heard this but in chicago walmart wanted to build for years, only problem is chicago wanted walmart to pay taxes like every other business. Have you ever noticed a walmart gets built hangs around for 12-15yrs and suddenly they're building a better bigger store just for you a block away, thats because if they don't change locations they will get taxed - its part of the agreement.
    So, basically, what we can take from this is that Chicago has too much taxation. Who'da thunk it?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    I will say chicago is ridiculous with tax.No, its that probably the majority of walmarts around you don't pay taxes. But you do.

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    Roboteq, I do like the quote you got there. Very true.

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So why is the value of the dollar less and why have we had tariff's when the value of the dollar is up?
    The value of the dollar is less because the federal reserve continually tries for 2-4% inflation every year. That inflation occurs at home here first where the dollars are introduced for the most part. GA hit on the dollar being the reserve currency of the world, countries soak them up so that they have reserves of it to purchase oil. Do to agreements with oil producing countries in the 70's the dollar was the only currency to be used for the purchase of oil. This means that our dollars have a greater worth over seas then they should. These factors result in our companies making a greater profit by spending their dollars over seas.

    Tariffs used to be about generating revenue for the federal government, but that is now being done through income tax, and forfeiture laws. The ending of tariffs due to free trade agreements was done at a very bad time. If they had ended them in the 60's before the petro-dollar came about it would have been a very good thing, but like all acts of government they broke a whole bunch of stuff trying to fix things they broke to start with. I believe in free trade. Real free trade. Where the governments stays out and business negotiate by themselves. The real mess with china is caused because government, in this case Nixon, declared china to be our favoured trading partner.


    About unions. They are no different then a sports agent, or temp agency. They are a business out to make profit by selling the labour of their members and to make profit selling higher wages and better working conditions to it's members. It's members are the customers. And just so you know, I'm not a proponent of unions. The idea of being forced to join a union disgusts me.

  8. #86
    Do you live in a taker or a maker state? If its a taker state do not invest,get out,only rent if you live or plan on living in a taker state.http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/...-spiral-state/
    FEN

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by canusayinsanity View Post
    I will say chicago is ridiculous with tax.No, its that probably the majority of walmarts around you don't pay taxes. But you do.
    Walmart has to abide by the same laws that all businesses abide by. If Walmart is getting a tax incentive from an area because the Walmart store is improving the overall economy of that area by providing employment and drawing shoppers to that area to increase the economy of that area, why would that bother you? Any company that can provide the economic advantages that a Walmart store provides can do the same thing.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The value of the dollar is less because the federal reserve continually tries for 2-4% inflation every year. That inflation occurs at home here first where the dollars are introduced for the most part. GA hit on the dollar being the reserve currency of the world, countries soak them up so that they have reserves of it to purchase oil. Do to agreements with oil producing countries in the 70's the dollar was the only currency to be used for the purchase of oil. This means that our dollars have a greater worth over seas then they should. These factors result in our companies making a greater profit by spending their dollars over seas.

    Tariffs used to be about generating revenue for the federal government, but that is now being done through income tax, and forfeiture laws. The ending of tariffs due to free trade agreements was done at a very bad time. If they had ended them in the 60's before the petro-dollar came about it would have been a very good thing, but like all acts of government they broke a whole bunch of stuff trying to fix things they broke to start with. I believe in free trade. Real free trade. Where the governments stays out and business negotiate by themselves. The real mess with china is caused because government, in this case Nixon, declared china to be our favoured trading partner.


    About unions. They are no different then a sports agent, or temp agency. They are a business out to make profit by selling the labour of their members and to make profit selling higher wages and better working conditions to it's members. It's members are the customers. And just so you know, I'm not a proponent of unions. The idea of being forced to join a union disgusts me.
    You jumped from the original intent for tariff's to your claim that tariffs are to stabilize the U.S. dollar with no regard to all of what has been done with tariffs in between. In the case of sugar, the tariffs continue to be used and abused to subsidize labor with higher cost of goods to Americans.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Do you live in a taker or a maker state? If its a taker state do not invest,get out,only rent if you live or plan on living in a taker state.http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/...-spiral-state/
    Another good way to determine which states have more takers than makers is to look at an election map. Just don't invest in blue states;
    .
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    Just because Walmart supplies jobs doesn't mean its good for the towns it inhabits. Its been proven that ur hurts economy,and closes small businesses. The ones which say what's the problem with Walmart are the people who have had it easy for too long n make too much money to give a sh?t.

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,838
    Rather than use an election map let use a REAL indicator of makers vs takers.


Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event