+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reach-in door gaskets?

Post Likes

Reach-in door gaskets?

I changed 8 of these today at a gas station and it took me forever. Anyone with experience changing these that can give me any tips?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhvac75 View Post
    I changed 8 of these today at a gas station and it took me forever. Anyone with experience changing these that can give me any tips?
    When I change them I stick them in the dishwasher at the restaurant to heat them a little then they just snap in really easy

Post Likes
    Soak in really hot water. Clean crud from tracks in doors prior to installing new gaskets. Continue heating gaskets with hot water as you press in place with spray bottle or use heat gun.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    When I change them I stick them in the dishwasher at the restaurant to heat them a little then they just snap in really easy
    When I did restaurant work I also did this. Soaking them in a sink with hot water on sites that don't have dish is something I do regardless of the gaskets shape out of the box.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Removing the OLD door gasket can be a problem too, when tearing of the door's plastic channel becomes evident in the process. This can be especially true for freezer doors when the gasket is cold, hard and inflexible. When I encounter this, before causing further damage, I've had to heat the old gasket to safely remove it. This can be as simple as leaving the door open for a spell. On some doors which are easily removed (like Bev Air), I've taken the door to a sink and ran hot water on the gasket to facilitate its removal.

Post Likes
    I get to do my first gaskets on monday after being in the trade for over 10yrs, not looking forward to it but good tips, i will remember to grab my heat gun.

Post Likes
    I used to do all the work for a big named Italian food chain. All southern fabricators designed their cooking line refer stuff. Changing their older style gaskets was the biggest p.i.t.a. .... the access to evaps was equally as bad

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Then there's the Perlick built ins where the plastic inner skin of the doors break into a million pieces. Glad we have a separate division that handles that BS. Our hot side guys do all the hardware. Sucks to be them LOL
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I like the dishwasher idea...never tried that. At work I go in early and put the gaskets under the heat lamp food warmers to soften them up for installation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in