defrost termination switch.

Name:  termination switch.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  53.5 KBi was calling local suppliers to get a 2 wire defrost termination switch the kind that clips onto the copper not the one that has 2 screws and goes up against the sheet metal. having trouble finding one. went to one reputable supplier got back to the job and realized i was given a heater limit switch. to make sure i put it in ice and it would close then put it under warm water it will then open, so i returned and picked up this 3 wire one by supco in the pix. but to me it looks like a limit switch/ fan delay switch. the one in the pix. from my understanding and correct me if im wrong. the defrost termination must open on a temp decrease and close on a temp. rise to terminate the defrost cycle via x terminal..... any questions and answers welcome.

im thinking about using the fan delay part terminals #1 &#2 as termination in the switch shown in the pix. the one with the arrow is the one i have.

Which ever 2 are closed at room temp are the defrost term wires. Red being common

The other 2 ... red and whatever ... will close when coil gets cold , 30 deg and under

Why not order the correct one?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Why not order the correct one?
    that would be nice but when i gave the model and serial numbers to my supervisor to order he said naw just go get a universal one, i gotta do what the boss says... that way if it doesnt work its my fault. but dont ask me how. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Which ever 2 are closed at room temp are the defrost term wires. Red being common

The other 2 ... red and whatever ... will close when coil gets cold , 30 deg and under
    i think they did a typo because it says red #1 common and #2 black goes to the fan, but then it states 1&2 open on temp fall that means my evap fans will shut off once it gets cold. lol hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    i think they did a typo because it says red #1 common and #2 black goes to the fan, but then it states 1&2 open on temp fall that means my evap fans will shut off once it gets cold. lol hahahahaha
    Yeah, i would put that thing in the freezer and ohm it out!!! Unbelievable a company like Supco can't get it right!!!Stupid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah, i would put that thing in the freezer and ohm it out!!! Unbelievable a company like Supco can't get it right!!!Stupid!!!!

Liquid CO2 is quicker

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Liquid CO2 is quicker
    Or 404!!!! Probally break the switch though!!!

Or 404!!!! Probally break the switch though!!!

De minimus

im gonna install it tomorrow i put it in hot water and 1 & 2 red and black close. in my freezer red & black open so its red and black for defrost termination. the numbering is correct its just where they put =defrost, = fan switch is backwards. thanks for the replies

Thats what happens when the copywriter comes to work hammered....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    im gonna install it tomorrow i put it in hot water and 1 & 2 red and black close. in my freezer red & black open so its red and black for defrost termination. the numbering is correct its just where they put =defrost, = fan switch is backwards. thanks for the replies
    Alright Cool!! Nothing's changed but the wrapper!!!