Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    O my, you want me to state what I would do if I was president...lol

I would be a Ron Paul twin <chuckle>

I'll have to think about that a bit, I'm too tired right now to attempt that.

Maybe I'll start a new post.

And I dont have a position on the previous question, I think both sides stink at diplomacy.

Also atm I cant be president, unless Barry does one of his executive writs, I'm am American by choice, not by birth.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Muslims don't care one bit about state bounderies or government rule. Muslims will create problems with violence where ever they are not in control of the area because Muslims believe that the entire world is to become one big happy Islamic nation.

So all of the rhetoric about the land that we now call Isreal really being Palestine and being more the homeland of Muslims, a faction that didn't even exist until 1,400 years ago and was created by one person's dictations, if just a crock of crap.

Here's a map of what Israel was made of in the first century A.D. Where is Palestine?

See that big portion called Judea? Need a history lesson on how certain Hebrews became known as "Jews"?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Palestine is derived from "Philistine", a sea fareing people who settled on the Gaza Strip area of Judea;
    [img]http://mapsof.net/uploads/static-map..._palestine.gif[/img]
    The Philistines (Palestines) were never considered indigenous peoples to the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Palestine is derived from "Philistine", a sea fareing people who settled on the Gaza Strip area of Judea;
    [img]http://mapsof.net/uploads/static-map..._palestine.gif[/img]
    The Philistines (Palestines) were never considered indigenous peoples to the Middle East.
    So by implication, if the Philistines not being indigenous have no claim, the where does that but you and me? We only have few 100 years of claim.

I do not think Islam, is any different to any other religion looking at history. Which religion were the people who conquered the majority of the new world? So who is the one who creates problems? " MAN ?"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I dont even know how to respond to these last two post, are you people wacked out or something.

Where did I ever say anything negative about Jews ?
    Where did I ever say they dont have a right to live there ?
    Where did I ever say its ok for anyone to be agressive ?

All I said one needs to do is look at the history of this problem to understand why things are the way they are, I said that Jews and Arabs lived there in relative peace, and asked what had changed.

And you all go off on some rant as though I was ant-semitic, I said this before when someone, who I dont read anymore, accused me of it.

I'm not anti-semitic

Besides how do you all know I'm not jewish.

Look at the history of the region, and it will tell whats happening today, has nothing to do with right and wrong.

Roy
    Well, this latest post is quite a tap dance. I never said you were anti Semite. What I said was that your claim that Isreal was an apartheid state is FLAT OUT FALSE.

Why someone would think its useful to make something like that up and then throw it in to an already angry hornets nest is quite beyond me. Why would one do that?

You could still either support that claim or withdraw it. Like a man.

Arab claims on Palestine have nothing to do with historical sitting rights. Rather they are due to a misunderstanding of what various documents said (you mentioned one) about how the British and Ottoman Empires would divide the mid eastern spoils of a world war in return for Arab support.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    So by implication, if the Philistines not being indigenous have no claim, the where does that but you and me? We only have few 100 years of claim.

I do not think Islam, is any different to any other religion looking at history. Which religion were the people who conquered the majority of the new world? So who is the one who creates problems? " MAN ?"
    Again, the issue has nothing to do with sitting rights.

I do, however, agree with the gist if your post. It is useful to note, I think, that Christianity has evolved quite a bit from some uglier days in the past. That's what we need Muslims to do as well at this point. We won't beat them with guns. Only with better living conditions and educations.

Hope for thier families would work wonders.

just in case anyone thinks these animals, actually I shouldn't insult animals, they wouldn't just kill for the sake of killing are peace loving people. They will always find someone to kill in allahs name. Even each other if no jews or americans are handy.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...Top+Stories%29

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post

It is true that not many of us have any original claim on the place where we live. For this particular argument, though, we are dealing with a land area that is mentioned in ancient writings attributed to a believed Creator of the universe. From that standpoint, Muslims once again deny the authority of God from those ancient writings by attempting to depose the lineage of the peoples that God chose to be His examples of mankind.

Also, we still have the issue of the land having been occupied the longest by those still in possesion of it (not a good argument for the U.S. or Australia), as well as the argument of conquering nations rights (How the U.S. and Australia justify denying indigenous peoples their rights through heritage.) There is no argument in which Palestinians can claim rights to the land now known as Isreal.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    just in case anyone thinks these animals, actually I shouldn't insult animals, they wouldn't just kill for the sake of killing are peace loving people. They will always find someone to kill in allahs name. Even each other if no jews or americans are handy.

I agree with your sentiments for those Muslims who commit horriic acts of violent terrorism, just as it was and to a much less degree still is for Christians who have done and still do the same. I just want to make certain that we all also realize that there are most likely more Muslims who are trapped in this Islamic world of hateful violence whose only desire is to live a peaceul life without the issues created by the relative few.

There are innocents in every war, and innocents are going to be damaged and killed. That is why war is considered hell, there is no way to avoid hurting innocents in any war.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post

I guess the Irish Catholics and Protestants could have been viewed the same way.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Good thing Egypt got the two sides to accept a ceasefire. Who knows where it would have gone.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I would like to weight in on the“lofty” discussion on Israel, the US and the Muslims. To begin with IMHO Islam is the enemy of Western Civilization and Culture. A good “Muslim” is like the Borg all dedicated to Islam and it's leaders with us “Infidels” as the enemy. We do have a total war on Muslim extremist world wide. We should pull out of Afgan and retaliate there or anyplace else in the world as necessary with whatever means and to heck with collateral damage.

Having said that Israel is only concerned about Israel and Jews. They have screwed over all non Jews in Israel including the Christians. They deliberately bombed our spy ship the USS Liberty in international waters. The attack resulted in the deaths of 34 American service men and another 170 injured and catastrophic damage to the ship all with fighter jets given to Israel by the US.

The case of Jonathon Pollard is another extreme example of Israel's total disregard for the interest and safety of the US in their handling of the tons of super top secret military secrets Pollard sold to Israel. The Soviet Union got access to most of the data either through deliberate trading of the top secret information for the Soviets allowing top Jewish nuclear scientists and engineers to immigrate to Israel or deliberate negligence or unbelievable sloppy handling of our top secret military secrets which allowed the Soviets to get the secrets.

There has been a massive campaign to free Pollard by Israel and Jews in the US but for the threat of a massive out cry from CIA personnel and the rest of the Intelligence agencies, this would have most likely been done. The outcry was mainly because of the not only the nature of the military secrets but the evidence showing that Israel “allowed” the Soviets to get their hands on it.

The point of all this is that Israel is only concerned about Israel and the Jews. They have shown no concern for the interests of the US or anyone else. I really don't care about the Muslims but Israel's treatment of non Jews Muslims,Christians, etc. since it was founded has ignited the Arab world and had a lot to do with the resurgence of radical religious Islam back to its roots of terrorism and a Jihad against the West. It has cost of thousands of lives and at least a trillion dollars and counting and our standard of living.

So yes I can't condone foreign aid to Israel and like George Washington I believe in defending our shores,no foreign aid to anyone. Back when we were fighting the expansionof communism world wide we were obligated IMO to help defend the freeworld. Now we need to draw inward retake our own country and rebuildourselves and of course strike out against the anti American terrorist whereever they are on the planet. Thank you, thank you very much

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...ssliberty.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2gkkp8Cl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZSzdQuOqM

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/576453/posts
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I guess the Irish Catholics and Protestants could have been viewed the same way.
    You never miss an oportunity to protect Muslim terrorism by drudging up bad things from the past, do you? I thought it was just Americans you were so negative toward, but it seems that you also have a real disdain for Christians as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast