Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 29
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    I am disappointed; I thought this thread was about the huge flea market in Pennsylvania called The Green Dragon...
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    yes lets combat the brain washing in school with brain washing in church. Hook them young and you have them for life. Sorta funny that both sides use the same tactics as drug dealers. Queue, the "but my side is right".
    The preacher hates competition!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,179
    A few generations ago... many folks believed in a higher power than themselves. Now mankind thinks what his brain can rationalize is the end of reality... seems arrogant to me.

    What is curios to me is; as folks transition towards thinking their brains are the highest power... society devolutes... And the pattern is traceable. Sorry guys... As we deny God, we destroy the fabric of our own humanity.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    A few generations ago... many folks believed in a higher power than themselves. Now mankind thinks what his brain can rationalize is the end of reality... seems arrogant to me.

    What is curios to me is; as folks transition towards thinking their brains are the highest power... society devolutes... And the pattern is traceable. Sorry guys... As we deny God, we destroy the fabric of our own humanity.
    I admit that I'm just as ignorant as the next guy, but in my opinion it's not necessarily the denial of God that is destroying our values, but the denial of the teachings from the bible.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,098
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I admit that I'm just as ignorant as the next guy, but in my opinion it's not necessarily the denial of God that is destroying our values, but the denial of the teachings from the bible.
    A wise observation, Astudent.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,620
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I admit that I'm just as ignorant as the next guy, but in my opinion it's not necessarily the denial of God that is destroying our values, but the denial of the teachings from the bible.
    Funny I agree with both AStudent and Ga here. Believing in the teachings of the Bible and believing in God are both needed to preserve our values. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So when were you brainwashed? Obviously some time before you started posting that conservatives were just like leftests and you got your man Obama re-elected. Thank you very much

    I stayed away from both in these cases. I always question authority whether its political religious or scientific. Question authority and you will never go wrong. Look at it this way. I don't question climate change. It's happening so denying it just makes you look silly. Questioning why it's happening is not silly. Is it really man made? Is it related to the sun heating up? Is it related to co2 from volcanoes. Research everything.

    Oh just so you know, the ones responsible for Obama being in office are in the republican party. Next time nominate someone with a chance of winning.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I admit that I'm just as ignorant as the next guy, but in my opinion it's not necessarily the denial of God that is destroying our values, but the denial of the teachings from the bible.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner. I'm not a christian but this is the truth. Quite a few of my guiding principles can be found here. I know it goes against the grain of a lot of people here but you can be moral and not be religious. To be honest I find the least moral people to be those that claim to be christian because they attend church every week treat their church the same all the government. To be obeyed while working to get by its tenets with the least amount of compliance.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I stayed away from both in these cases. I always question authority whether its political religious or scientific. Question authority and you will never go wrong. Look at it this way. I don't question climate change man made? Is it related to the sun heating up? Is it related to co2 from volcanoes. Research everything.

    Oh just so you know, the ones responsible for Obama being in office are in the republican party. Next time nominate someone with a chance of winning.

    Well we aren't to far off.
    Well just so you will know, the videos don't deny GW, just man made GW. It also assesses the apparent new Religion of GW and how they enforce orthodoxy within their congregation. Thank you very much

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,273
    Gibby thinks too many people today are abusing drugs and alcohol in an effort to enter a (at least a temporary) state of Psychosis.

    DEFINITION: Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality that usually includes: False beliefs about what is taking place (delusions) or who one is seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations).
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Keokuk, IA
    Posts
    5,520
    I thought it was now called "Climate Change" instead of GW now anyway. It's a better, catch-all since there is some dispute that the overall average global temrpatures having a consistent upward trend, along with inadequate evidence to support a long term shift to prove it's not a naturla cycle... since measured data only goes back <150 years.

    Us sully himans with our big heads wanting so badly ot believe we have so much more influence that we really do. The same can be said about the role of the governemtn vs. the private sector. Manmade GHG, and the government are given far too much credit.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,542
    What a distraction for people going to church. To radicalize them against the people that believe in GW. BTW GW is political speak for all the leftists, liberals (no there not the same) back-to-the-earth people, abortionists, gay rights, woman rights etc,etc.
    So tell me Glenn, do you go to your church to draw near to God or to be politically radicalized?
    Another ?. Do you, like me, think Jesus was a lib? Would he be wanting to save the earth or just choose denial like the vidio?
    Like the existance of God, these guys can not prove or disprove man's involvement in GW. But that's not their real intent is it?
    Tracers work both ways.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    What a distraction for people going to church. To radicalize them against the people that believe in GW. BTW GW is political speak for all the leftists, liberals (no there not the same) back-to-the-earth people, abortionists, gay rights, woman rights etc,etc.
    So tell me Glenn, do you go to your church to draw near to God or to be politically radicalized?
    Another ?. Do you, like me, think Jesus was a lib? Would he be wanting to save the earth or just choose denial like the vidio?
    Like the existance of God, these guys can not prove or disprove man's involvement in GW. But that's not their real intent is it?
    What confuses me, is many republicans are "grass roots" people....living off the land, old school, individuals and organizations, but yet they take the side of those who wish to pollute our planet. If you don't believe me, look up who funds the T party.

    It doesn't make sense to me, but then again people are paying A LOT of money to keep the GW thing under wraps....but of course....being a clean manufacturer is costly....more costly than funding a misinformation campaign perhaps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event