+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which socket wrench do you have ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    I run with a set of these. Nice 4 in one from craftsman

They work great, it's a four in one set so two of them you get 8 different sockets.
    20bucks for the set
    Cool.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Cool.

They look to be like a service wrench with a small side and a large side.

Post Likes

They work great, it's a four in one set so two of them you get 8 different sockets.
    20bucks for the set
    Like these - and I have xmas gift cards for Sears.

I keep a 1/4" Snapon set with extensions and swivel on the truck somewhere but rarely have to resort to it. A few Craftman sockets and drives in my motor change out bag with the puller. Primarily residential, blower motor and compressor change outs are the only time I can think to grab them.

Post Likes
    At least you can still get Craftsman in the US, here in Canada Sears has gotten out of tool sales in a big way. They still have a few tools for sale but not like a few years ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    They look to be like a service wrench with a small side and a large side.
    Yeah, I had to zoom in on my phone and then I could see the two different sizes on each end.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    As a former employee of AutoZone, I used to get discounts on tools. The DuraLast brand tools have a ratcheting wrench set,
    The Duralast brand tools are great tools.
    I used to work for Auto Zone too, but it was Auto Shack back then.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Yeah, I had to zoom in on my phone and then I could see the two different sizes on each end.
    yup four sizes on one wrench.
    They are not small, and can be difficult to get in to tight areas. But they are built solid.
    I also carry a small open end wrench set for places the box end can't get in to.

Post Likes

20bucks for the set
    I found this set for 20 on ebay. Same basic idea but I find the handles on these don't dig in to my hand like the older style ratching wrenches do.

http://www.gearwrench.com/catalog/wr...jsp?part=85200

Name:  85200.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  13.5 KB

Post Likes
    I use Proto and JH williams. Once you use a good set of sockets you will never go back to lower quality set. Just the feeling on how tight good sockets fit on nuts and bolts is amazing.

If you need a good source for proto tools try toolup.com. Their prices can't be beat. I highly suggest Proto's combo racheting reversible wrench sets. They are a great time save which are extremely reliable. I don't know how i worked with out them. I can have a blower motor removed and reinstalled with in 20 minutes not corners cut EVER. I even grease the shaft for future wheel replacement.

This is the set i've had for 3 years and they are abused. I do have about three more wrenches i've added to the set which i use for certain tasks. Your better off getting this set and then just add as you go along. I like gear wrench bu these proto still work way better. Tools are my hobby. LOL

http://www.toolup.com/proto_jscv-9s_9-piece-sae-reverse-combination-ratcheting-spline-wrench-set.aspx?utm_source=scGPS&utm_medium=cse&utm_campa ign=sc&scpid=2&scid=scsho1077913

or the larger set (over kill, but i do own a set), your better off just buying a few extra wrenches that not included in the about set like 1/4". I give you the entire list if i had them on hand.

http://www.toolup.com/proto_jscv-20s...rench-set.aspx
    The price is so much greater because the wrenches are larger sizes which are more expensive then small wrenches...It all depends on the size fastners your gonna be neededing which are usually the smaller sizes.

My next task is to create a list of every tool i have. That is going to be a seriously tedious endevour

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in