+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which socket wrench do you have ?

Post Likes
    Ratchet wrenches and a small Craftsman 1/4 kit. The rest are in the truck. I use the ratchet wrenches most often.

Post Likes
    SK

Post Likes
    I keep one of these in my small diagnostic bag. It's a gator grip socket, it works well for small jobs.

http://www.endeavorproducts.com/gato...p_super-g.html

For larger jobs, I have a set of ratcheting wrenches with the swivel head.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mstx View Post
    Does anyone have the Klein set ? I do residential too and my rachet broke last week so i need a new one but i dont want pay big buck for snap on or other top brands
    I have the Klein 1/4 and 3/8" sets with the red metal cases. They are both very nice in my opinion but I feel like the boxes take up a bit too much space than they need to. Now I carry the 1/4" set loose inside a dewalt magnetic toughcase with an adapter for my impact.

Post Likes
    I've been lookin for a decent brand of offset gear wrenches.....don't see any at sears, HD, or lowes.

has anyone tried that ratchet set that you can turn the handle on??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    I've been lookin for a decent brand of offset gear wrenches.....don't see any at sears, HD, or lowes.

I've got 3 different sets of the Gear Wrench type of wrenches. Strait, hinged in an offset type, and hinged in a 90 degree type. All are either Craftsman or Gearwrench. All were bought at Sears. Maybe you can find them online or have them ordered through your local store.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    I don't care for the hinged ones. lookin for a set like an offset service wrench.

http://www.hvactoolsofminnesota.com/...CE-WRENCH.aspx

like that, only 7/16 - 3/4.

Post Likes
    I don't care for the hinged ones. lookin for a set like an offset service wrench.

http://www.hvactoolsofminnesota.com/...CE-WRENCH.aspx

like that, only 7/16 - 3/4.
    I have them too. Craftsman units. I like the Gearwrench style better though.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    In my bag, ratchet box wrenches 9/16 and 1/2. Also stubby 7/16, 1/2, and 9/16. Anything bigger is worth a walk to the truck
    2nd generation commercial technician

Post Likes
    I have craftsmen 1/4 set with a few extra extensions. Perfect for most applications I have

Post Likes
    SK is a fraction of the price of Snap On and still are Mechanics Quality Tools. I have a set my Dad bought in the early 1960's and they get used all the time and still work great. They are sold online, at many auto parts stores, and at Sears online.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    The green sk box sets are perfect for service. Cheap enough if you lose you won't hang it up but durable enough to last forever.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Any of you guys have a set like this?

http://www.gearwrench.com/catalog/xl...sp?part=891226

I have a Kobalt brand set that I use all the time and they are awesome.

Post Likes
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1360513470779.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  3.6 KB

I carry a set of three of these made by Gray. You want the ones with steel springs (not the black plastic). My 20+ year old Craftsman socket set stays in truck until needed. Again, got to keep the Veto-Fillability down to reasonable. Just cause it has lots of room and pockets doesn't mean you have to use the space at the expense of your joints.
    Each of the three wrenches has two different sizes
    1/4", 5/16"
    3/8", 7/16"
    1/2", 9/16"
    They're switchable, so you have knuckle clearance.
    I have used the 1/4" with driver bits when in tight areas as well.
    They are also great for tightening nuts on redi-rod/threaded rod hangers.

Post Likes

My girlfriend ordered a set for me from The Blue store, as it's 80 miles to the nearest one. It arrived and I tried it out. Ratchet was slipping in either direction. Called em and told em what my problem was, and they had me ship it back to them. Once they received it, they phoned to tell me it was an "out of stock item." 10days later they phoned and told us the item was in stock and would be shipped. Couple of weeks since it was shipped from North Carolina, so called and asked for a tracking number. They can't find the tracking number, and tell us that it was shipped from a store in New York State. S'posed to call us tomorrow and give a tracking number. Asked if we could pick it up at the store location 80 miles from us as we have to go there tomorrow for a Dr. Appt. Nope,,,,that store doesn't have any of em in stock. If you purchase one, pull it out of the box and check it's action before leaving the store.....Thought it would be handy, but may never get to find out.....
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Have tried others and always go back to craftsman on the 1/4 inch ratchet and sockets on my truck. I do like to carry ratchet wrenches in my bag though 7/16,1/2,9/16.
    Really need a set of deep well 1/4 sockets bad though,but I make due.
    I carry Klein 1/4,5/16,11/32,3/8 nut drivers in bag.
    Sometimes I wish my bag didn't weight so much on the rooftop PM's.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mstx View Post
    I've used Proto wrenches for years. Never a problem.

Post Likes
    I have 1/4,3/8,1/2" plus all have metric,Armstrong sets.Plus a bag full of odds and ends from old sets.

Post Likes
    I run with a set of these. Nice 4 in one from craftsman

They work great, it's a four in one set so two of them you get 8 different sockets.
    20bucks for the set

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in