Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jonnesway. I got them at fastenal. Prettty nice. The ratchets I have, have a lot of teeth in them. So they are really smooth and you can always get them in the right position...... I paid 25 bucks for a 3/8 ratchet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Most of the Craftsman stuff I see is made in USA, although every once in a while I catch something made in Taiwan or China. I was shopping for 1/2" swivel adapter for my impact and I saw two of them of two different designs. One design was made in USA and appeared more heavy-duty than the Taiwan one. I bought the USA one, and it was galled and bound up within a few months. I returned it and got a new identical replacement with no questions asked. This one will probably fail the same way, because the metal is clearly too soft for impact duty. As long as they keep replacing them, I'll stick with them. It's a heck of a lot easier to exchange Craftsman tools than it is to exchange Snap-On or MAC or Matco or S-K or any of those other primo brands... Unless you spend $$$$ with those guys, they all cop an attitude when you bring them a broken tool.

I've stopped buying imported goods whenever possible. Even if it's a high-end import like Knipex, Mitutoyo, or Wiha, it's not an option for me anymore. I'm also making a concerted effort to apply this logic to groceries and household items, but that can be a little more difficult at times.

I snapped off my 1/2 socket wrench changing a wheel bearing in car. Was using it with a five foot cheater bar..... took it and got it replaced at sears... got it home.... made in china and the mechanism was messed up. Went back and me and the sales clerk went through their shelf trying to find a working one. They ended up replacing mine with one of their 1/2 thin profile wrenches. I have not bought craftsman since that day. If I just wanted the warranty harbour freight now has it on their pittsburgh line of tools.

They are making everything in china now. If you want their American made tools you have to buy online, from their "industrial" line. AKA same tools for more money.

As i said i ilke the craftmans, they seeem well built but kind heavy for a 3/8" and i am not 100% convinced that is a good one. BTW i dont carry the sockets and wrench in my service bag, a CLC that look like a Veto, but cost 3 times less, the heavy tools are in the other bag.

Keep a set of gear wrenches to 9/16" in bag along with set of Dewalt magnetic nut setter to 1/2" for my impack driver. Very seldom have to use sockets any more. Keep an extension for the nut setters for hard to reach and compressors hold down bolts.

new

i just finished school for hvac a couple months ago, get a job in building management place the guy that was suppose to train me quit 2 weeks after i started,
    any ideas as far as learn the equipments trouble shooting etc....

Quote Originally Posted by eag1el View Post
    i just finished school for hvac a couple months ago, get a job in building management place the guy that was suppose to train me quit 2 weeks after i started,
    any ideas as far as learn the equipments trouble shooting etc....
    Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, get the manuals of the equipment you work on and read them, get "PRO" status here. and read, read, read all that you can here. Only time, determination, commitment, a basic understanding of things mechanical can help you now.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

I like Williams.

http://www.snaponindustrialbrands.com/30/home.htm

Made by Snap On, you can get them from Amazon for a song and I've yet to break one yet unless I was outright abuseing it.
    It Is What It Is

Ratchet wrenches and a small Craftsman 1/4 kit. The rest are in the truck. I use the ratchet wrenches most often.

SK

I keep one of these in my small diagnostic bag. It's a gator grip socket, it works well for small jobs.

http://www.endeavorproducts.com/gato...p_super-g.html

For larger jobs, I have a set of ratcheting wrenches with the swivel head.

Quote Originally Posted by mstx View Post
    Does anyone have the Klein set ? I do residential too and my rachet broke last week so i need a new one but i dont want pay big buck for snap on or other top brands
    I have the Klein 1/4 and 3/8" sets with the red metal cases. They are both very nice in my opinion but I feel like the boxes take up a bit too much space than they need to. Now I carry the 1/4" set loose inside a dewalt magnetic toughcase with an adapter for my impact.

I've been lookin for a decent brand of offset gear wrenches.....don't see any at sears, HD, or lowes.

has anyone tried that ratchet set that you can turn the handle on??

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    I've been lookin for a decent brand of offset gear wrenches.....don't see any at sears, HD, or lowes.

has anyone tried that ratchet set that you can turn the handle on??
    I've got 3 different sets of the Gear Wrench type of wrenches. Strait, hinged in an offset type, and hinged in a 90 degree type. All are either Craftsman or Gearwrench. All were bought at Sears. Maybe you can find them online or have them ordered through your local store.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast