Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Saw a tech using these..

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...J4QSiRuB60u67A

I think the would be a welcome addition to my tool bucket before I haul out my digitals.

Lot of forum members who post on You Tube use them.

I would add a JB anti blow back fitting, how ever. That with an accurate differential thermometer would be money well spent for an expedient test of a suspect system.

We were just talking about these the other day, or a homemade version at least. I like the idea of them, but I think the rigidity of it would cause problems attaching it to some units. Actually, I should correct that by saying some "installs"....it's not the units fault.

Saw a tech using these..

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...J4QSiRuB60u67A

I think the would be a welcome addition to my tool bucket before I haul out my digitals.

Lot of forum members who post on You Tube use them.

I would add a JB anti blow back fitting, how ever. That with an accurate differential thermometer would be money well spent for an expedient test of a suspect system.

its a 40342

How about an electronic version of that, in a little hard plastic padded case that can have a permanent place in my tool bag?

By the way, if it had the "anti-blowback" fitting on it, It would need a way to vent it after each use.

Now that I am thinking of it, how about just a cheap tire gauge like device with the stick that pops out, specially designed for refrigeration use? That would be even easier to shove in the tool bag.

Now I just need to get a job at "Yellow Jacket" or "JB" and convince them to build my device. Then I can lay back and collect my millions $ $

Those gauges are a must have (IMO) if you're working on small, critically charged systems. I see them used on ice machines alot. Also nice for checking oil pump pressure. You don't end up with a hose full of oil.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

I have something similar. Mine has a 6" hose attached. sometimes a little bendy is nice. I have a set in my backpack. as a guy who works a lot downtown and will need to walk several blocks its nice to have them in my bag versus carrying a manifold set around.
    Experience
    Is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

A positive attidude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

I use these on all critically charged systems. Great to have!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have em. Great for critically charged boxes using a few ounces. No need for any other fittings. You remove next to none of the charge

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have a couple like that mounted on thumbscrew type core depressors.
    http://www.cdvalve.com/product-categ.../cd2070/10-169

I mostly use them for getting oil pressure readings on simi-hermetic compressors.
    The depressor lets me open the valve after connecting the gauge, and close it before removing it, so there is almost no mess made.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

One high, one low in my bag at all times!
    Must have for ice makers and cap tube/critically charged systems. Will also find its use in split system diagnostics, verifying pressure control calibrations, pressure drops ect.....

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Must have item for every refrigeration dude. I have both sides and carry them in the box they came with. Sometimes I will attach my quick disconnect fitting when going onto the high side.

I have a set of those in my Veto. You can buy the adaptor from YJ and use whatever gauge you want. Check their catalog.

I also tried a set of these breifly.

[QUOTE=hvacrmedic;15202341]

I also tried a set of these breifly.

What happened ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast