Spyders and Zios

Got a couple buildings with about 120+ VAV Spyders with Zio's. They are programmed with the same Venom app. The problem I have is some(about 15 or so) won't hold the room setpoint.

For example, tenant with change it from 70 to 72. Two seconds later it goes back to 70. If you try it again, then most of the time it holds. But some Zio's after 5 minutes go right back to 70 degrees. If I change it via computer, then it's ok.

I have gone through and made sure Zio Room Setpoint was editable by tenant. There is nothing linked to the Room Setpoint, that would be writing to it. I have tried re downloading programming. Still happens. It's just weird how it's a problem with some and not others.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Got a couple buildings with about 120+ VAV Spyders with Zio's. They are programmed with the same Venom app. The problem I have is some(about 15 or so) won't hold the room setpoint.

For example, tenant with change it from 70 to 72. Two seconds later it goes back to 70. If you try it again, then most of the time it holds. But some Zio's after 5 minutes go right back to 70 degrees. If I change it via computer, then it's ok.

I have gone through and made sure Zio Room Setpoint was editable by tenant. There is nothing linked to the Room Setpoint, that would be writing to it. I have tried re downloading programming. Still happens. It's just weird how it's a problem with some and not others.
    What versions are you using? I had this problem and sent a copy of my station to HW for them to look at.

Make sure you have the point configured as a network setpoint in the ZIO as well as editable by tenant

Go to your LonLinkManager and verify that the nci is bound.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTerminator View Post
    Go to your LonLinkManager and verify that the nci is bound.
    ncis are not polled and thus don't show up in the LonLinkManager

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    ncis are not polled and thus don't show up in the LonLinkManager
    Oops. Good point. Thanks for the correction!

These are Bacnet Spyders. Yes Room Setpoint is set "Editable by Tenant". Jace's are running 3.6.47 and Spyder tool 5.2.05.

For those interested......I found this on the Honeywell forums.

"With the TR70, you cannot change a network setpoint from the home screen or it will be quickly overwritten as you’ve seen. The new TR71 and TR75’s do have the capability of changing setpoints from the home screen so you can re-flash (upgrade) that Spyder if it’s not already at the latest firmware, and then use a TR71 along with Spyder Tool 5.205 to program the Zio and get the functionality you need."