Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Smart phone

I have had two otterbox defenders for my SG3 break at the clip when I sat down and the case caught on the soft chair arm. My fault but they warrantied them at Future Shop no problem. They replaced the entire product which gave me new unscratched screen covers too! HAAAAPPY Customer!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I had the HTC Inspire for a couple of years. I am watching the Galaxy as my dog has eaten 2 of the Inspires.

Not sure if I want the Galaxy or the iphone 5.

Radio Shack told me they will handle warranty for Otter Box so I bought the case from Radio Shack.
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

Just got a razr maxx myself. I had my choice of it or the iPhone. Bigger screen and i like android better than ios. Not sure if iphone can do the mobile hotspot either. Simple and works great. It also charges on standard USB like 90% of the devices i already have and has a separate hdmi output.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have an Iphone 3S I was Thinking of going with the Note 2. So do you realy like it? Would you highly recomend it? Did you get all your Itunes music transferd onto it no problem?

Otterbox warranty is AWESOME for the Defender case. I sent them an Email on Monday and buy friday I had a UPS truck droping off a whole new case in the package. I think thier case is Awesome.
    I need a new phone and like the size of the note2 and the pen. I was so let down by the Iphone5.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I have an Iphone 3S I was Thinking of going with the Note 2. So do you realy like it? Would you highly recomend it? Did you get all your Itunes music transferd onto it no problem?

Otterbox warranty is AWESOME for the Defender case. I sent them an Email on Monday and buy friday I had a UPS truck droping off a whole new case in the package. I think thier case is Awesome.
    I need a new phone and like the size of the note2 and the pen. I was so let down by the Iphone5.
    I had an old 3G (not S)... it was about to quit... needed re-booting regularly. I waited until the 5 came out and was diss-a-pointed. Quickly, the decision came down to S-3 or Note-2... Note 2 is not that much larger than S-3. Generally speaking: Note 2 does everything the S-3 does, with the S-pen apps built in.

After having it a few days, I find the Samsung/Android platform is more like a PC you build your software as you want it (whereas IOS is more a buy it-use it as is-platform with apps).

Here are some things that stick out in my mind:
    *The phone is BIG... one has to learn to accommodate that 'feature'.
    *The big screen is wonderful when you need it; and it is the right aspect ratio for HD viewing. The pixel count is the same as the S-3, so the pixel density is not quite as tight as some phones... my eyes are too old to see the difference.
    *The phone does not fit in one's pocket easily, in this regard it is kinda clumsy. I am still looking for the right case... probably go with a horizontal belt pouch.
    *Samsung phones do not come with a cool voicemail client like iphones do... one has to go with that hokey mess the carrier offers (in my case AT&T) where you touch a keypad number to erase or save messages. I read somewhere VM clients are available as an app.
    *In the same was, texting is kinda hokey on the phone. Texting client apps are available also.
    *Phone does not come with a stock quote app... lots available to download.
    *Phone DOES come with a link to tutorials online (watch on phone or PC) as well as help screens in the phone... learning curve is not that hard.
    *I do not do much with music on the phone, however x-fering stuff regardless of platform is not hard now-a-days.
    *Any quad-core processor phone will be FAST, so one has lots of choices.
    *The reason I went with the Note 2 is the S-pen features; nice way to shuffle data around.
    *Also, with a 64G memory card installed (micro SD card, goes in the back), one has 80G of memory... one can store endless files of IOM manuals, wiring diagrams, custom spreadsheets of info, word files, a load calc program... as well as pics and video's to use as sales tools. In this regard, the larger screen is good for customers. One could theoretically modify a Word file, save it, Email it to the customer, print it on their computer, and use that as a contract. Phone comes with a simple program to view/edit Word and EXcel files... I think DOC and SL, not DOCx and XLx though.
    *Sound through speaker is better than the iphone 3G was... one can actually hear it in public...
    *With the right plan from AT&T or Verizon, one can tether a laptop or other device.
    *Bluetooth of all kinds of devices is available.

Would I guy it again... probably
    Would I recommend it... maybe. I say maybe because of the size... takes some getting used to.

Hope this helps.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I almost went with the Note 1 but the SG3 was more advanced. The Note 2 is out now of course and I think it's as good or better than the SG3. It is a big aircraft carrier of a device though. After having the SG3 for awhile now in its defender case, it's big enough for me. I can barely run it with one hand. I'd have to be pro B Ball player size to do that with the Note.:what:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't make the transition to android. Too clumsy and frustrating. My boss is giving me another 4s on Friday. Love my 5 though, just enough screen but not clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    iPhone 5 with otter box for personal phone, I've had the iPhone since it came out. When my 4S battery acted up I brought it to apple and they replaced the whole device.

In my work truck I have a company Motorola droid.

Android is the clumsiest buggiest crap I've ever used.

As for the otterbox it has a one year warranty any issues either go back to where you got it or call them and they will replace it at no cost.
    I was going by the FAQ on their site. I'll have to call em. Been wanting my case replaced for some time. Rubber case is loose. Screen cover is scratched.

My wife is getting the Samsung galaxy3 which costs a dollar at sams club Friday.

I'm getting the razr maxx hd through target for 199 and a 50 dollar gift card.

For you guys that don't need the extremely fast hardware, I recommend my current phone....the Casio commando. It isn't fast or fancy but its one hell of a rugged machine....been through absolute hell with it for two years now and barely a scratch. I give it a bath once a day...yes a waterproof 3g smartphone.

Just got the galaxy s 3 coming from a sensation. I'm amazed at how sweet this thing is and the sensation was great. 4g is a must and t mobile has the fastest and most reliable 4g

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

May I ad that the biggest issue was the screen will almost always break if the phone is dropped and lands on one of the corners. This is a common issue with the HTC Inspire and the like.
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

Quote Originally Posted by absoair View Post
    May I ad that the biggest issue was the screen will almost always break if the phone is dropped and lands on one of the corners. This is a common issue with the HTC Inspire and the like.
    That's why I buy phones that have Corning Gorilla glass.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast