Thread: REME HALO

Post Likes

REME HALO

Any input on this gizmo?
    From my vendor's email:

"The REME HALO by RGF is the next generation of IAQ technology. RGF has redesigned their REME HVAC unit with higher Ionized Hydro-peroxide output, which gives faster kill rates for microbial in the air as well as on surfaces. Also, this higher output drops more particulate from the air bringing relief to those who suffer from allergies and other respiratory issues.

The REME HALO by RGF is designed to eliminate sick building syndrome risks by reducing odors, air pollutants, VOCs (chemical odors), smoke, mold, bacteria and viruses. The REME HALO units are easily mounted into air conditioning and heating systems air ducts where most sick building problems start. When the HVAC system is in operation, the REME HALO unit creates an Advanced Oxidation Plasma consisting of Ionized Hydro-peroxides, Super oxide ions and Hydroxide ions. All are friendly oxidizers. By friendly oxidizers, we mean oxidizers that revert back to oxygen and hydrogen after the oxidation of the pollutant."

Post Likes
    I havent tried it yet. I have personally used/tried the PHI-212, the desktop model, and the receptacle model. There is a noticeable difference, especially on the PHI model, when the UV bulb is not functioning.

As for the ions it creates, I cannot prove or disprove that those are actually causing this difference. It helps to have air circulating all the time with these. Else, there is a burst of ozone when the fan first engages.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears.

Post Likes
    ASHRAE has just released the Position Document on Filtration and Air Cleaning. It helps the industry understand Ozone and products that make claims of producing hydroperoxides and other Reactive Oxygen Species in the air. Pay special attention if you're offering ion generators, plasma generators, hydroperoxide or friendly oxidizer generators, or any other indoor air quality product that promotes throughout an occupied space.

Post Likes
    Does anybody know if ASHRAE or any other trade organization has any documents on things like filtration or air cleaning?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Does anybody know if ASHRAE or any other trade organization has any documents on things like filtration or air cleaning?
    https://www.ashrae.org/File%20Librar...r-Cleaning.pdf
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Post Likes
    The Ion Generator to use is the GPS2400 It has more test data then anything out there and its patented. I have it in all my families homes. Excellent and no ozone or odors