Hybrid View

Limit switch specs for Rheem

Does anyone know a good site where I might find the limit switch specs for a Rheem Model RRKA-A030JK08E? I have a faulty switch and want to make sure the one I replace it with has the same temp. range. Thanks.

Are you sure the hx isnt toast ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I ran into to a bad hx the other day though and like to never figured out the problem. It was the first hx I'd ran into that was bad.

I can't say it's not, but I don't think it is. The guy called a few days ago, but when I got over there the H/O had pulled out what he called the "relay". In reality he had pulled out the fusible link in the disconnect and then stuck it back in, so when I got there the unit was running and I couldn't get it to fault out again. He called again this morning and I told him to turn his stat off and not touch anything else. The board was giving a limit switch fault and the switch was open. I took it out and waited a few min. to make sure it'd had pretty of time to reset and checked it again and it was still open. I then put a jumper in between the two wires going to the switch and fired it back up and it went thru it's sequence and ran fine so I'm pretty sure the limit switch is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jledford382 View Post
    I ran into to a bad hx the other day though and like to never figured out the problem. It was the first hx I'd ran into that was bad.
    Get six more posts and you can get a lot more in depth assistance. Try going to the new members postings and putting up how you got into Hvac and how you got your certs, then apply for pro membership. It's free.

Any time you find a bad high limit start thinking about how it went bad. Many times they go bad from tripping and resetting over and over again. Don't just replace it and call it good, find the source, think airflow for starters.

If you find a roll out tripped check the hx. On any unit watch the flames when the blower kicks on and note any changes in flame behavior. There's a lot more but that's one of the basics.

Limit switches don't go bad unless the system has been operating using them as an operating switch, or has been running near the switches opening set point. So the unit was not really working fine when you were there and had the limit jumped out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Makes sense. Thanks guys. And I am gonna apply for the pro membership. I've almost got enough posts.

Y'all were right. I put a new limit switch in and it ran for about 7 min and faulted out on the roll-out switch so I started digging. Turns out the hx was toast. Thanks.