2 stage Infinity Furnance with Infinity Control Thermostat - low heat/high heat /low

I hvae a Carrier 58CVA90 Furnance 2 stage and a DC variable speed motor. It sppear that setting the staging control using "system" on the Infinity Control Termostat, the Low heat will come on and stay on for 15 minutes and then the high heat will come on for about 10 minutes and then drops back to low heat for about 10 minutes. What we find in this setting is that there is not enough air flow throughout the house. I then change the staging to use "furnance" (algorithm) and it appears that under this setting, the high heat is on all the time with high fan. Also it appears that when the set temperature is reached, the high heat and fan will shut off without going to a low heat gradual shut down. Is there a setting one can use to have low heat on for a shorter period of time and then the high heat on for a longer time and then drops down to low heat afterwards?

Don't know. maybe one of the carrier guys will see this thread and answer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Forum rules don't allow us to post DIY help. You should call a service company with infinity experience

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Forum rules don't allow us to post DIY help. You should call a service company with infinity experience
    Not against the rules to confirm if there is a setting to do what he/she wants.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

1) If there isn't enough air mixing in the home, then changing hte settings is a bandaide. In low stage my 2 ton AC is running as low as 410CFM much of the time. I still get plenty of air movement because I have descent register placement. A feeling of "stuffiness" is usually from a lack of ventilation or humidity that is too high. Very, very common in newer homes, expecially with carpet.

2) Manipulating staging to run on high more will just cause it to short cycle and shorten run times. Better to increase the heating airflow, if the installer hasn't already. You shold be able to change airflow to "normal" if it's currently on comfort. You can also tell ti that you have a bypass humidifer and it will increase airflow further. However, the air will be cooler.

3) A better solution than wasting electricity running the fan at a higher speed, is to try some better quality supply registers with more throw. These will mix the air better. NExt would be to consider adding either passive ventilation or a ERV, HRV or a ventilating dehumidifer to get more fresh air in the home.

4) Finally, if you're determined to have it stage more rapidly. There is an anticipator setting. I beleive if you decrease teh number, it will stage more aggressively. However, it will overcondition the space, and you can;t defeat the laws of physics, run time will be reduced, but if you using a continous fan setting of Med or HI than furnace run tiems won't matter.

I again would recommed you fix the actual problem. Teddybear will be on here soon to fully explain the benefits of ventilation is detail. I would however at elast try purchasing or asking your installer abotu commerical grade higher quality grills that will increase flow as well as reduce static pressure (save energy). They aren't cheap, abotu 2-3SX cheap stamped steel registers than all new construction uaually comes with. They will however also be quieter. IF someone has ductwork imbalances, it's the first thing I suggest because it's easier than installing dampers or modifying ductwork.

It's hard to parse out the problem. Is it an airflow issue? Have you tried changing settings from efficiency to comfort, or the other way around?

Is it a temperature issue?

Turn the thermostat up.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.