+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DDC and BAS concepts

Post Likes

DDC and BAS concepts

As an HVAC teacher I am constantly seeking new ways to explore and teach this subject, DDC and BAS. With the diversity of this particular topic, the number of manufacturers, it is very hard to know how to approach this subject from the point of view of someone brand new to this topic. I have been studying this stuff for years, and am now using Automated Logic hardware and software to teach this topic (only because that manufacturer donated this equipment and software with the hope of one day paying off and hiring some of my students), anyway, I have forgotten how I began to study this subject, and it's hard to prepare powerpoint presentations from the point of view of a beginner. But I keep trying. If anyone has a website, or even a good intro textbook please let me know...thanks.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    If it's a book you're looking for I was given this book "Building Environments: HVAC Systems" when I started in DDC. It has plenty of mechanical stuff but there is a lot of stuff on generic controls as it was written by Johnson Controls. It'll suit any DDC system though.

Post Likes
    Another good FREE download is the Honeywell's Engineering Manual of Automatic Control

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_md View Post
    If it's a book you're looking for I was given this book "Building Environments: HVAC Systems" when I started in DDC. It has plenty of mechanical stuff but there is a lot of stuff on generic controls as it was written by Johnson Controls. It'll suit any DDC system though.
    Al did a very good job on his book and it has a lot to offer.
    http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=Vi8mOA_0ArkC
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    I use to teach controls and we always started with pneumatic controls. The students learned some basic formulas and how each component worked within a system. Then the students would learn DDC systems and have a basic understanding of control concepts.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in