Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: GOP to change

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Yep, backyard or back alley abortions would be tough now days. Most coat hangers are made out of plastic instead of wire. It would be almost impossible to abort with one of those. But where there is a will, there is a way. Anyone know what they used to use?
    I still have hundreds of wire coat hangers, just in case your thinking of a side job. I will give you a deal, but no cut rate for buying in bulk.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Is this such a major issue in the political arena in the states. Would you vote for a candidate who was pro abortion, but all other policies were in line with your requirements.
    Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Troll? No, I don't believe so. Opinionated? Yes, very. Depraved pedophile that uses religion to mask the perversion that fills his heart and mind? I think so.
    Im with you on him being a pedophile and he should be labeled one . If i could i would toss him out of here . But thats just me .

Is this such a major issue in the political arena in the states. Would you vote for a candidate who was pro abortion, but all other policies were in line with your requirements.
    Pro life v. Pro choice is huge in America. And its one of several categories that present the republicans problems.

Many of the religious right will only vote for a pro life candidate. While many woman regardless of their religious beliefs will only vote for a pro choice candidate. And since there are alot more woman that vote than religious right people, the numbers tend to favor the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    Im with you on him being a pedophile and he should be labeled one . If i could i would toss him out of here . But thats just me .
    Inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Pro life v. Pro choice is huge in America. And its one of several categories that present the republicans problems.

Many of the religious right will only vote for a pro life candidate. While many woman regardless of their religious beliefs will only vote for a pro choice candidate. And since there are alot more woman that vote than religious right people, the numbers tend to favor the democrats.
    thanks for that good explanation (and makes sense). We do have the same arguments of course, but does not seem to limit who is voted for. It is unlikely that any single party would ever meet all one ones requirements, then I suppose that one has to compromise
    Last edited by barbar; 11-30-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    Nope...
    Good on you for sticking to your principles, but does limit choice and change.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    Regardless of who pays for it I don't agree with abortion. A life starts at conception. Murder happens after that. A life is sacred and given by God. This really shouldn't be even a choice. Tons of families that can't have children are waiting anxiously to adopt every day. Use that contraception, I think it is even free most places these days.
    But what if there is no God? What if the one there is does not put the value on life that we think it has? Who is right, who is wrong? We do not know.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Think about this. The GOP has a candidate for Vice President who is Pro Life yet his wife had an abortion due to problems with the pregnancy. If I remember correctly the baby was not normal and would have suffered a terrible life ensuring catastropic medical bills

Our right leaning party is in power partly because they said they will not open the abortion debate. If the people that vote Republican voted for them with abortion off the table and the swing voters were told contentious issues like abortion will not be looked at but the economy would be the main focus you would have a Republican Presidency, House, and possibly Senate in a couple of years.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    The issue only boils down to who pays for abortions? Man you libertarians smoke too much weed!! It's not about whether a human being is permitted to live or die? Abortion is a moral issue and nothing less. Most abortions are paid for with hard cold cash so there is no paper trail. You think America and/or the republican party can be saved if we abandon our moral base?

Is there any poster on HVAC (besides me) who is actually willing to stand up for what is morally right based on our Christian heritage of this country? Anybody besides me? Please speak up now so I know I'm not alone. Or, are there only libertarian whack jobs on this board who believe America can continue to prosper as we cast off our moral convictions and our Christian heritage?

Anybody? Please speak up now and go on the record. Thank you.
    Abortion is not illegal, so the matter of it's morality is not relevant for this conversation. The moralities of some are not the same moralities of others. Some people think it is immoral to own pets. Does that mean we all should let all of our pets go out on their own into the wilds? I believe that abortion, homosexuallity and body building are all immoral, but unless these things become illegal, then the only thing that matters is the financial responsibility for these issues.

There can be no democracy if some are allowed to dictate what all are allowed to do or not do. Unless you claim to be God the Creator, that goes for you as well.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    From what I see "Exreo" is certainly no troll. He has some very strong religious beliefs that some may think are extreme and some may totally agree with. He like everyone else is entitled to them.
    I have to agree. However, I would not be comfortable being down that well exreo has in his basement with the bucket with the lotion in it....I'm just saying....

I just would not want to see back yard abortions, without any regulation and control.
    No more than any other elective surgery should be. Only when abortion was illegal did those conditions exist.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast