Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: GOP to change

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    G'day mate. What do you think the Republican party ought to do here in America? What do you all have there in NZ? Prime Ministers or Presidents or comrade? I'll bet nobody on this board could say who your prime ministers is without doing a Google search. I know John Howard used to be the PM of Australia, and he was a conservative.
    We have a Prime Minister,
    I bet nobody knows a New Zealander.(without looking on Google)
    We are politically centralized stable government, swinging slightly left and slightly right.
    We have proportional representation. Two main parties, with a quite a few small ones.A large selection of the voters are swing voters.
    You should vote for a party, that best meets your requirements, the name of the party is irrelevant. If you want a party to win, then it must have policies that fine with a wide spectrum of the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    We have a Prime Minister,
    I bet nobody knows a New Zealander.(without looking on Google)
    We are politically centralized stable government, swinging slightly left and slightly right.
    We have proportional representation. Two main parties, with a quite a few small ones.A large selection of the voters are swing voters.
    You should vote for a party, that best meets your requirements, the name of the party is irrelevant. If you want a party to win, then it must have policies that fine with a wide spectrum of the voters.
    Are you saying no one could be against gay marriage and abortion in NZ and win the position of Prime Minister?

Are you saying no one could be against gay marriage and abortion in NZ and win the position of Prime Minister?
    These subjects are nothing to do with parties and are classed as conscience votes. Each MP can vote which ever way he/she wants (many take their directive from the constituents)

But neither of them are very important. Yes we have civil unions, were couples are treated equally (still a bit of debate over the word marriage)

NZ was the first country to give Women the Vote, so Abortion is a women's right.

These subjects are nothing to do with parties and are classed as conscience votes. Each MP can vote which ever way he/she wants (many take their directive from the constituents)

But neither of them are very important. Yes we have civil unions, were couples are treated equally (still a bit of debate over the word marriage)

NZ was the first country to give Women the Vote, so Abortion is a women's right.
    Murder is a woman's right? Boy, NZ must really be proud they lead the way for the rest of the world on that.

Oh, you didn't know I was speaking from experience. OK, yes, I've been to that smut section of downtown Baltimore right next to the Inner Harbor area. I went there when I was working on a Texaco tanker ship in either 1989 or 1990. I went in the bars, and I was in the height of my sexual addiction then. I actually picked up a 14-year-old white girl who was very cute, and we took a taxi to some drug dealers house where she was staying. I think I gave her $40, and we did it twice. I think this was the youngest girl I was ever with in the over 500 hookers that I've had "dates" with over a 25 year span. She was a drug addict, and her drug of choice was heroin. She said, "It's just good to have somebody I can talk to for a change". She even told me her real name, but I'm not going to say what it was. She told me the story that a few months earlier a cop stopped her and asked her if she knew who this girl was that he was holding the picture of. She said she didn't know her, but it was actually her!! No, I'm not proud of what I have done. That area of Baltimore has more teenage girls working the streets than just about any area of the U.S. I think I was 32 years old or 33 years old at the time.

So, please don't tell me I need to experience life more. I've been there and done that, and I can tell you that it ends in destruction. You are living a deceived life for thinking that you can sin all you want to and God will not bring you into judgment for it. You can find out the hard way if you like.
    It's ok not to like things that we decide to experience. That lifestyle was not good for me either. Still, we have no right judging those who prefer to live that way. I don't want want to remember how many coyote mornings I've had.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Murder is a woman's right? Boy, NZ must really be proud they lead the way for the rest of the world on that.
    Not Murder! If it is let God be the judge or not! Abortion will happen if it is legal or not. So it is best to have it legal, and regulated, with sex educuction, low priced contraception. See with freedom comes responsibility.

But with all the wows of the world, all you worry about is a small specific piece of discussion. You have given your view, god and I thank you, your soul has been cleansed! Now let those who want an abortion have one.

Have you had cancer? Would you get rid of that? Cancer is life, made of man! So all those who have had cancer treatment are murders as well?

Of course not. so do not judge others!

"There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Not Murder! If it is let God be the judge or not! Abortion will happen if it is legal or not. So it is best to have it legal, and regulated, with sex educuction, low priced contraception. See with freedom comes responsibility.

But with all the wows of the world, all you worry about is a small specific piece of discussion. You have given your view, god and I thank you, your soul has been cleansed! Now let those who want an abortion have one.

Have you had cancer? Would you get rid of that? Cancer is life, made of man! So all those who have had cancer treatment are murders as well?

Of course not. so do not judge others!
    Abortion should not be legal or illegal. Abortion is a very personal thing that government should not be involved in whatsoever.

While many on both sides of this issue are passionate about their personal beliefs on the subject. the legalism of the issue only boils down to who pays for abortions. Since it is not fair for those who oppose abortions to have to be in any way responsible for others having abortions, there should be no laws forcing insurance coverage to cover abortions without there being an additional cost to those who want abortion coverage.

I'll gaurantee you that we will see a big drop in abortions if people have to either pay for the abortion themselves or pay for additional insurance to cover abortion. Let's face it, to pay for additional abortion insurance is admitting that you are some sort of slut who cannot control your sexual life.

There must, of course, be laws in place for criminally inflicted pregnancies due to rape. But that would fall under criminal justice, not social care.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Abortion should not be legal or illegal. Abortion is a very personal thing that government should not be involved in whatsoever.

While many on both sides of this issue are passionate about their personal beliefs on the subject. the legalism of the issue only boils down to who pays for abortions. Since it is not fair for those who oppose abortions to have to be in any way responsible for others having abortions, there should be no laws forcing insurance coverage to cover abortions without there being an additional cost to those who want abortion coverage.

I'll gaurantee you that we will see a big drop in abortions if people have to either pay for the abortion themselves or pay for additional insurance to cover abortion. Let's face it, to pay for additional abortion insurance is admitting that you are some sort of slut who cannot control your sexual life.

There must, of course, be laws in place for criminally inflicted pregnancies due to rape. But that would fall under criminal justice, not social care.
    The issue only boils down to who pays for abortions? Man you libertarians smoke too much weed!! It's not about whether a human being is permitted to live or die? Abortion is a moral issue and nothing less. Most abortions are paid for with hard cold cash so there is no paper trail. You think America and/or the republican party can be saved if we abandon our moral base?

Is there any poster on HVAC (besides me) who is actually willing to stand up for what is morally right based on our Christian heritage of this country? Anybody besides me? Please speak up now so I know I'm not alone. Or, are there only libertarian whack jobs on this board who believe America can continue to prosper as we cast off our moral convictions and our Christian heritage?

Anybody? Please speak up now and go on the record. Thank you.

The more I read exreo's posts the more I have to the conclusion he is an Internet Troll. Or maybe just crazy. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretto.LaFantastic View Post
    The more I read exreo's posts the more I have to the conclusion he is an Internet Troll. Or maybe just crazy. I don't know.
    Haha, you have 9 posts, and you're qualified to know that I am a troll? Go back to the board with all your lib/dem college kids.

Post count doesn't matter. I've been on Internet forums in one form or another well before 1995. Trolls are usually easy to spot. If you aren't a troll you're definitely acting like one in this thread. Especially with incendiary comments like the one you posted I response. Average troll behavior.

As a matter of fact here is a nice video explaining how to behave on an Internet forum:

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819 LastLast