Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 239

Thread: GOP to change

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    exreo I dont smoke pot, I dont go to bars and I dont use hookers. Im also a born again evangelical christian. And I am a libertarian.
    I also don't smoke pot, but feel that as an American I should be able to if I want to. I do socialize in bars occasionally, many times for work but also as a place for my wife and I to have dinner and a night out. I definitely don't use hookers, but those who enjoy hookers should not be criminals. I too am born again in Jesus Christ and it would be nice to not be criminalized for making that a point in public venues.

    Overall, Federal government just has no rational reason being involved in our social affairs. If you smoke pot, so what? If you commit a crime such as theft or murder, you should be dealt with by law for your stealing or murdering. If you steal or murder after you have smoked pot (less likey than if you were stone cold sober), you should be dealt with by law for your stealing or murdering, regardless of your having smoked pot.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #132
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Your painting with such a wide brush is quite offensive. Just why do you feel you should have the right to tell others what they can or cannot do if it does not directly affect you? If pot and prostitution were not illegal there would be no crimes for smoking pot or banging hookers, and both trades could be more safely operated. I don't even care if someone wants to have sex their mother. We are not to judge others. When given the choice between partying with the naked pagan priestesses or following Jesus Christ, many of the Corinthians chose to follow Jesus without the Corinthian government making the banging of the priestesses illegal. What good is choice if one of the choices is considered a crime? Making social activities illegal doesn't make anyone more moral, it just makes more criminals.

    No one is even suggesting that stealing and murder be made legal, so you are just blowing smoke with stupid comments like that. If you steal or murder or do physical harm to others or their property with the intent to do harm, then you need to be dealt with as someone who has commited a crime against society. There are a lot more crimes commited under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of pot.

    Nope...sorry...you are acting exactly like a leftist fascist who wants to tell others how to live. Just like being too acidic or too alkaline, either extreme is going to do damage.
    I lived at the Crossland Hotel in Seattle from 2007 to 2009. It is 100 feet from the strip there in my avatar picture. There was so much prostitution on Pacific highway there (also in my avatar picture) and drug dealing that it was hard to get a good nights sleep. People were screaming and banging on walls and slamming doors all hours of the night. Crazy drug parties in the room or guys with hookers. Hookers would get loud and yell at their pimps. In 2011 I went back to visit for a couple of months to look for work again. By then everything had been cleaning up. Awwwwwhhhhh, it was so much more peaceful. No more craziness. Everything was so quiet. The rooms were so much more clean and quiet.

    So when you libertarians say the other guy smoking pot and having sex with hookers doesn't affect me, well you're wrong because it does and it did. Can you imagine what things would look like if we said prostitution was perfectly legal? There would be hundreds of girls out on the strip. What if the strip moved to your shop storefront? Would that be OK with you? And also, I don't want to pass people on the road who are stoned because I am convinced pot is a depressant and it makes you more of a threat as a driver. It certainly makes you less aware of your surroundings and I will have a harder time communicating with you. Smoking pot also damages your brain. Who is going to pay for all the damage when you are washed up 20 years later? You'll be one of those guys on food stamps that most of you seem to dislike so much.

    There is a price tag to every sin. The Bible says, be sober, be vigilant because your adversary walket about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. I gave you a perfect example of how I was spiritually attacked when I smoked pot.

    I'm glad to hear there are a few libertarians that don't smoke pot or do crack and don't pick up hookers. But the absence of morality brings about more rules and regulations. That's why America was the land of the FREE and the home of the brave for so many years. In her Christian heritage and roots she was the most free nation in the history of the world.

    Banging hookers and smoking pot destroys a man. So that's liberty? These libertarians that believe this anger me.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,944
    The invisible establishment republicans

    Here's an article you libertarians (and conservatives) will like:

    http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/the-invis...t-republicans/

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I lived at the Crossland Hotel in Seattle from 2007 to 2009. It is 100 feet from the strip there in my avatar picture. There was so much prostitution on Pacific highway there (also in my avatar picture) and drug dealing that it was hard to get a good nights sleep. People were screaming and banging on walls and slamming doors all hours of the night. Crazy drug parties in the room or guys with hookers. Hookers would get loud and yell at their pimps. In 2011 I went back to visit for a couple of months to look for work again. By then everything had been cleaning up. Awwwwwhhhhh, it was so much more peaceful. No more craziness. Everything was so quiet. The rooms were so much more clean and quiet.

    So when you libertarians say the other guy smoking pot and having sex with hookers doesn't affect me, well you're wrong because it does and it did. Can you imagine what things would look like if we said prostitution was perfectly legal? There would be hundreds of girls out on the strip. What if the strip moved to your shop storefront? Would that be OK with you? And also, I don't want to pass people on the road who are stoned because I am convinced pot is a depressant and it makes you more of a threat as a driver. It certainly makes you less aware of your surroundings and I will have a harder time communicating with you. Smoking pot also damages your brain. Who is going to pay for all the damage when you are washed up 20 years later? You'll be one of those guys on food stamps that most of you seem to dislike so much.

    There is a price tag to every sin. The Bible says, be sober, be vigilant because your adversary walket about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. I gave you a perfect example of how I was spiritually attacked when I smoked pot.

    I'm glad to hear there are a few libertarians that don't smoke pot or do crack and don't pick up hookers. But the absence of morality brings about more rules and regulations. That's why America was the land of the FREE and the home of the brave for so many years. In her Christian heritage and roots she was the most free nation in the history of the world.

    Banging hookers and smoking pot destroys a man. So that's liberty? These libertarians that believe this anger me.
    Believe me when I state that I am glad that people like you exist to counteract the absurdities to the left, but I still would rather not have to put up with your absurdities to the right as well.

    You were affected by things you don't like because you put yourself where you would be exposed to those things. I've worked in some of the most deviant places of business there are in the world when I was a contractor in Baltimore, and after work, I went home to my version of social civility. I did a lot of work in clubs and porn shops on Baltimore's infamous Block (Baltimore Street and a few connecting roads). I even immersed myself in some of that debauchery for the experience of it, but then I went to where things were more to my liking. You on the other hand, put yourself in a place that all you wanted to do was complain about it and change it. Why couldn't you just go somewhere else and let others live the way they want to live?

    Your having been exposed to Seattle, WA does give you a little bit of an excuse for being such a fascist conservative, but you still need to get over it and develope the tolerance that Jesus teaches us to have for others. You don't have to do as the Romans do to respect their right to do what they do. I've lived in a commune where some of the family were homosexual. That doesn't mean I did the things they did, and they were socially respectful enough of others to not expose us to any of what we deemed to be deviance. So, we can all live together if we just work on being respectful to one another rather than acting like little Hitlers who want everyone else to act the way we prefer to act.

    In other words, lightent the eff up! I've had meaningful conversations with prostitutes, drug dealers, pimps and other punks and guess what? They are pretty much the same as you and I are on the inside. Most of what we judge others on is their visible veneer that is usually just their way of getting along the way they think it is best to do so.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    The invisible establishment republicans

    Here's an article you libertarians (and conservatives) will like:

    http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/the-invis...t-republicans/
    While there is some very noteworthy information on this site, you need to broaden your opinion resources a bit more. When all we are exposed to is good, we think the world is good, when all we are exposed to is bad......
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Victorville Ca
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I lived at the Crossland Hotel in Seattle from 2007 to 2009. It is 100 feet from the strip there in my avatar picture. There was so much prostitution on Pacific highway there (also in my avatar picture) and drug dealing that it was hard to get a good nights sleep. People were screaming and banging on walls and slamming doors all hours of the night. Crazy drug parties in the room or guys with hookers. Hookers would get loud and yell at their pimps. In 2011 I went back to visit for a couple of months to look for work again. By then everything had been cleaning up. Awwwwwhhhhh, it was so much more peaceful. No more craziness. Everything was so quiet. The rooms were so much more clean and quiet.

    So when you libertarians say the other guy smoking pot and having sex with hookers doesn't affect me, well you're wrong because it does and it did. Can you imagine what things would look like if we said prostitution was perfectly legal? There would be hundreds of girls out on the strip. What if the strip moved to your shop storefront? Would that be OK with you? And also, I don't want to pass people on the road who are stoned because I am convinced pot is a depressant and it makes you more of a threat as a driver. It certainly makes you less aware of your surroundings and I will have a harder time communicating with you. Smoking pot also damages your brain. Who is going to pay for all the damage when you are washed up 20 years later? You'll be one of those guys on food stamps that most of you seem to dislike so much.

    There is a price tag to every sin. The Bible says, be sober, be vigilant because your adversary walket about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. I gave you a perfect example of how I was spiritually attacked when I smoked pot.

    I'm glad to hear there are a few libertarians that don't smoke pot or do crack and don't pick up hookers. But the absence of morality brings about more rules and regulations. That's why America was the land of the FREE and the home of the brave for so many years. In her Christian heritage and roots she was the most free nation in the history of the world.

    Banging hookers and smoking pot destroys a man. So that's liberty? These libertarians that believe this anger me.

    Not enought time in the day to back read all the post on this thread , but I have to say, well said. I like your post. You got your head screwed on stright.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Exreo, If smoking pot causes hallucinations, and spiritual attacks, then it confirms my suspicions that the Old Testament writers were evidently high when they had their experiences with a Higher Being. In other words, the Bible is a drug induced story.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Victorville Ca
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Why is sex a sin?
    Did you know that a women has an organ who's sole purpose is for pleasure, so if God made women, why did he make this pleasure organ if was not to be used for the purpose is was designed for., and there are a lot of women need pleasuring,
    Prostitution is not illegal in NZ, we are not swamped by Hookers, VD has dropped, associated crimes has dropped and tax intake from these workers has increased.
    You mention freedom, freedom is state of mind. and I think you are in prison. Brake down your historical barriers and free yourself.
    Oh my God. When satin introduces sin it's not all at once it's just a little at a time , then a little more then just a little more untill you get to a point that a whole generation of young people think that Good moral standards that are in place to bring true happiness to ones life are historical barriers that we need to be free from . This to me is sad. As far as Pleasure organs, well God made Cheese cake and I like it, I just don't eat it all day

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Since when is Cheesecake a part of the Human Body? Think about this for a minute. In all of Creation?, the human female is the only creature with her sexual organs placed front and center, for every male to see, Did God do that for reproduction or for pleasure?

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,916
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Since when is Cheesecake a part of the Human Body? Think about this for a minute. In all of Creation?, the human female is the only creature with her sexual organs placed front and center, for every male to see, Did God do that for reproduction or for pleasure?
    Say what?....OMG, you are truly messed up.

    Hmmm, could it be that humans are bipeds and don't walk on 4 legs? Tell me, where would you have located them?

  11. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    The problem is that we mere mortals take ourselves way more seriously than God intended us to. Pleasures of sex is noted throughout scripture and is noteworthy in every theological and philosophical teaching where ever human beings are in the world. Sex is not bad because of it being sex.

    For those who don't like certain things that are not specifically made clear from scripture to be against the will of God, don't do those thngs, but shut up about those who do. Not everyone follows the same religious creedo....thank God!

    Alcohol, and thereby intoxicating drugs by extention, are not condemned by scripture. In fact, wine is exaulted in many instances while also teaching us the problems with over indulgence of anything. Moderation and tolerance are major teachings of all scriptures other than Islamic commands or cultish writings of any singular source. We are told that we are made in the image of our Creator. Since our Creator is not a physical entity, this imagery cannot possibly refer to physical image, but must refer to our spiritual image. Therefore, how we think and feel must be in line with the ways that our Creator thinks and feels. Therefore, our Creator understands our excesses and warns us against them, but not to avoid our desires all together.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Say what?....OMG, you are truly messed up.

    Hmmm, could it be that humans are bipeds and don't walk on 4 legs? Tell me, where would you have located them?
    Ace probably would have made us like earthworms so we could go which ever way the wind blows. Or was that Robo?


    Just messin with you guys.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  13. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Say what?....OMG, you are truly messed up.

    Hmmm, could it be that humans are bipeds and don't walk on 4 legs? Tell me, where would you have located them?
    At least some guys have them on their foreheads. They must, because so many others refer to them by the location of their genitalia...
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event