Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP to change

The Republicans have become a bunch of watered down moderates who won't stand on principle for anything. I think this describes about 80% of republicans. Nobody wants to be unpopular and suffer the verbal lashing and mocking from democrats when republicans don't agree with them. There will only be real change in America when there is a financial crisis. Or, I guess in a worst case scenario, we will become just like Mexico (super rich and poor class) over the next 30 or 40 years. Everybody will see what is happening, but the middle class will be powerless to stop it. The democrats will frame every attempt to right the ship as being racist towards some group, and the pathetic republicans will immediately cave in to the democrats.

Moderate leaders is what the U.S. needs. We are a nation of half to the left of center in varying degrees and half to the right of center in varying degrees, as the past few elections have proven. We need centrist leadership that is capable of swinging to the left when required or the right when required. That is the only way we are going to have leadership that works.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Moderate leaders is what the U.S. needs. We are a nation of half to the left of center in varying degrees and half to the right of center in varying degrees, as the past few elections have proven. We need centrist leadership that is capable of swinging to the left when required or the right when required. That is the only way we are going to have leadership that works.
    You're absolutely right. I'd also like to add that if tax exempt status were revoked from churches and non-profit organizations, every time someone wanted to make a donation, they'd also be donating to the government. While I don't believe it's right for anyone to start up a charity and appoint themselves pastor of some nonexistent church simpy to enjoy a tax shelter, I don't think it's right for the government to siphon money out of their pot if they truly are dependent on donations and truly serve the people and not themselves. Sadly, I think those who are altruistically in the service of humanity are vastly outnumbered by the charlatans looking to hide their earnings and glorify themselves. I realize this is contradictory to what I stated earlier, but I thought I'd offer that alternative in the interest of fairness. I thought more about it today, and it's not as cut and dried as either side of the issue make it out to be.
    Last edited by Tech Rob; 11-26-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    The Republicans have become a bunch of watered down moderates who won't stand on principle for anything. I think this describes about 80% of republicans. Nobody wants to be unpopular and suffer the verbal lashing and mocking from democrats when republicans don't agree with them. There will only be real change in America when there is a financial crisis. Or, I guess in a worst case scenario, we will become just like Mexico (super rich and poor class) over the next 30 or 40 years. Everybody will see what is happening, but the middle class will be powerless to stop it. The democrats will frame every attempt to right the ship as being racist towards some group, and the pathetic republicans will immediately cave in to the democrats.
    The people who are really running the show would prefer it if you were kept distracted calling everyone a RINO and/or liberal moocher, squabbling over non-issues and table scraps. That is exactly how they've managed to usurp power over the last 30-40 years. Their propaganda is funneled directly into your living room and your radio every day and ensures that you never disengage from the enemy they choose for you.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

I just have to disagree RoBoTeq because I think moderate = liberal. If anybody thinks America can continue to have her financial prosperity without the Christian moral base and without her Christian roots, they are sadly mistaken. If anybody thinks America can have her prosperity and freedom while no longer honoring and worshiping the God who gave it to her, they are sadly mistaken. This is what moderate republicans want. That is, they want the financial prosperity, but they want the God of the Christians kicked to the curb.

The problem with that story is that it is written from a liberal perspective. It is true that the Republican platform does not cater to Latinos, women or an economic class of Americans. The Republican platform is based on providing a level playing field for all Americans, regardless of ethnicity, gender or economic classification. With a level playing field, those Americans who can do, will do. The harder we work toward goals, the better chance we will have of achieving those goals. That is what capitalism and freedom are all about.

From the standpoint of the left, Republicans must start acting more like Democrats by catering to whichever specific groups of Americans that can provide the most votes. This is not Democracy, this is abuse of the political system.

Yes, Republicans need to emphasize more that they are working for all Americans. Yes, Republicans need to be less rational and become more sales hype related to get those Americans who are being misled by promises of government taking care of them to understand that they will be much better off having more oportunities to take care of themselves.

If we must continue to have political parties, which I am vehemently opposed to, the Republican Party and the Libertarian Party should come together in a way that will appeal to liberal minded Americans as well as satisfy the desires for less government by the more conservative minded. Both Republicans and Libertarians want less government. Why not put their heads together and come up with a program that will greatly reduce the influence of the Federal government over our social lives?
    I didn't bother reading past this post as it pretty much sums it up quite well what needs to happen. As a registered Libertarian myself I would LOVE to see a super small Government but I realize that will most likely never happen without a civil war or full on economic collapse of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretto.LaFantastic View Post
    I didn't bother reading past this post as it pretty much sums it up quite well what needs to happen. As a registered Libertarian myself I would LOVE to see a super small Government but I realize that will most likely never happen without a civil war or full on economic collapse of the USA.
    One of life's great ironies though is that the way to have perfect freedom is to be perfectly submitted to authority. The way of bondage is the way of being liberated from authority or the rule of law which is what libertarians want. I had this discussion with a friend of mine last night who is 38 years old. I'm 56. He told me that people in his generation don't want the government legislating morality. He is a libertarian. He said you can't legislate morality. I asked him how many hookers he thinks might show up on Lancaster here in Ft. Worth if prostitution was suddenly legal?

And smoking pot is a form of bondage. It damages your mind, it puts you in a state of consciousness where you are not fully aware of what you are doing. For me, I felt like I was going to hell after I smoked it about 30 times when I was 19 years old. There was an awesome fear that would come over me. It was a spiritual attack. Libertarians just don't understand the principle of freedom. To be totally free is to be totally submitted to the right authority.

The fear one gets from smoking pot is not spiritual, its paranoia.. the fear of getting busted. and 30 times when you were 19 is not enough to give you an appreciation of it. it's like drinking fine Scotch wiskey, at first it tastes like crap , but once you develop a taste for it, no other wiskey compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    You're absolutely right. I'd also like to add that if tax exempt status were revoked from churches and non-profit organizations, every time someone wanted to make a donation, they'd also be donating to the government. While I don't believe it's right for anyone to start up a charity and appoint themselves pastor of some nonexistent church simpy to enjoy a tax shelter, I don't think it's right for the government to siphon money out of their pot if they truly are dependent on donations and truly serve the people and not themselves. Sadly, I think those who are altruistically in the service of humanity are vastly outnumbered by the charlatans looking to hide their earnings and glorify themselves. I realize this is contradictory to what I stated earlier, but I thought I'd offer that alternative in the interest of fairness. I thought more about it today, and it's not as cut and dried as either side of the issue make it out to be.
    You make a very good point about donated funding. If we really must have so much taxation, we really should at least be able to give to charitable organizations without our donations being taxed. So, I will adjust my thinking to having religious organizations having to pay taxes on real estate, investments and income from investments.

Much better would be to just get rid of all of the governent programs that are socially oriented and just stop taxing us to pay for some government workers to decide who our money should be given to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The people who are really running the show would prefer it if you were kept distracted calling everyone a RINO and/or liberal moocher, squabbling over non-issues and table scraps. That is exactly how they've managed to usurp power over the last 30-40 years. Their propaganda is funneled directly into your living room and your radio every day and ensures that you never disengage from the enemy they choose for you.
    I just finished reading The Strain trilogy of books that tells of another "who are really running the show" scenario. After reading the series, I couldn't help but think how much those who were really running the show reminded me of blood sucking leftists.

I just have to disagree RoBoTeq because I think moderate = liberal. If anybody thinks America can continue to have her financial prosperity without the Christian moral base and without her Christian roots, they are sadly mistaken. If anybody thinks America can have her prosperity and freedom while no longer honoring and worshiping the God who gave it to her, they are sadly mistaken. This is what moderate republicans want. That is, they want the financial prosperity, but they want the God of the Christians kicked to the curb.
    You are disagreeing with me based on your interpretation of terminology. That is not only a leftist concept, it is downright fascist as well....I'm just saying....

I consider myself to be a moderate. The very best gauge that I am a moderate is that those who lean further to the right call me a liberal and those who lean further to the left call me a conservative. I prefer to think of myself more as a Renaisance man. I believe we would be a lot better off with more unity from our similarities than so much division from our differences. Fascist leaders will always promote our differences in order to keep us divided and weak.

One of life's great ironies though is that the way to have perfect freedom is to be perfectly submitted to authority. The way of bondage is the way of being liberated from authority or the rule of law which is what libertarians want. I had this discussion with a friend of mine last night who is 38 years old. I'm 56. He told me that people in his generation don't want the government legislating morality. He is a libertarian. He said you can't legislate morality. I asked him how many hookers he thinks might show up on Lancaster here in Ft. Worth if prostitution was suddenly legal?

And smoking pot is a form of bondage. It damages your mind, it puts you in a state of consciousness where you are not fully aware of what you are doing. For me, I felt like I was going to hell after I smoked it about 30 times when I was 19 years old. There was an awesome fear that would come over me. It was a spiritual attack. Libertarians just don't understand the principle of freedom. To be totally free is to be totally submitted to the right authority.
    So basically, just like the fascist leftists, you want to have the right to tell others what we can do based on what you like or don't like. The Orwellian realm of 1984 can be either from the left or the right. I prefer that all of you who think you have some right to tell others how to live leave the rest of us alone and take care of your own lives.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast