Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 239

Thread: GOP to change

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It doesn't take much investigation to find that Steve Peoples and Kasie Hunt are both very liberal minded writers. The article does exactly what I stated that these leftist writers do, which is to take a few quotes that support their agenda and claim that is the attitude of every person registered Republican.
    Which is the same thing the conservatives do to liberals by painting them as lazy, dope smoking, hippies. I consider myself conservative and find myself guilty of doing it as well, unless I catch myself. The problem is the stereotypical lines the media paints liberals and conservatives. I've found most people to be basically the same on both sides except for the fringe. Fiscally conservative to the extent they want their tax dollars spent wisely. Then our big differences are social issues, which kinda falls under spending tax dollars wisely. Which are our passions or things that affect us personally.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    Which is the same thing the conservatives do to liberals by painting them as lazy, dope smoking, hippies. I consider myself conservative and find myself guilty of doing it as well, unless I catch myself. The problem is the stereotypical lines the media paints liberals and conservatives. I've found most people to be basically the same on both sides except for the fringe. Fiscally conservative to the extent they want their tax dollars spent wisely. Then our big differences are social issues, which kinda falls under spending tax dollars wisely. Which are our passions or things that affect us personally.
    I agree. The world would suck without both liberal and conservative thinking. Liberal thinking simply needs to be monitored in government because we will never do well allowing government to be run based on emotional feelings that destroy fiscal responsibilities...at least at the federal level.

    Federal government should have absolutely no say in our social lives...PERIOD! If the individual states, or better yet, local munincipalities want to make laws concerning social issues within the state, that's a different story. By keeping social issues at local levels, we are able to keep competition between local areas and states as guidelines to keep us from being completely irresponsible with tax dollars. If California, which is now the most impovershed state in the U.S., wants to feed and house everyone from immigrants to those who simply don't care to work, then California would become the state for immigrants and those who don't want to work to flock to. Just how long would California stay so Socialistically liberal if there was no federal money pouring in to support all of their generosities?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    3,586
    I think a person of intelligence politically can see that no party is the answer. Blaming either side is very naive way of thinking. I get going on libs, don't get me wrong. I don't understand their way of thinking, but they don't understand mine. Who's right and who's wrong? I don't think anybody wants to intentionally harm our country. Its entitlements that drive me crazy more than anything. I don't mind helping the young, old or mentally or physically handicapped, they can't do much and I don't mind giving somebody a hand-up in life and helping them for a reasonable amount of time. But there has to be a limit on how much free crap they get for a healthy and workable person. I've never taken anything from anybody. I'm not rich, I'm been down before. I just worked harder and got my way out of it. So I really don't understand any amount of help for a healthy person. But I'll cut them some slack because circumstances are different for each person. But no lifelong or generational welfare programs.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    I think a person of intelligence politically can see that no party is the answer. Blaming either side is very naive way of thinking. I get going on libs, don't get me wrong. I don't understand their way of thinking, but they don't understand mine. Who's right and who's wrong? I don't think anybody wants to intentionally harm our country. Its entitlements that drive me crazy more than anything. I don't mind helping the young, old or mentally or physically handicapped, they can't do much and I don't mind giving somebody a hand-up in life and helping them for a reasonable amount of time. But there has to be a limit on how much free crap they get for a healthy and workable person. I've never taken anything from anybody. I'm not rich, I'm been down before. I just worked harder and got my way out of it. So I really don't understand any amount of help for a healthy person. But I'll cut them some slack because circumstances are different for each person. But no lifelong or generational welfare programs.
    +1

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,947
    Liberals are for every type of immorality that the human mind can imagine. Just think how gross it is for one guy to put his device in another guy's hairy rectum. Yet liberals are 100% for this. Liberals are 100% for murder of unborn children. Liberals are 100% for the gay and lesbian lifestyle which destroys people's lives and produces no children.

    Republicans are against all of that. That's why people who say there is no difference between democrats and republicans are using some frame of reference I don't understand. Maybe they are libertarians who want to be fiscaly conservative, but who are as immoral as democrats. With libertarians, add all of the above immoral behavior along with smoking pot, meth, crack and anything else.

    It's the loss of our moral base and or Christian heritage that is destroying us. The republicans should strike out for moral and social issues even harder. They are being advised to do the opposite which will mean the end of the republican party. I'm sure Karl Rove will nominate some watered down middle-of-the-road republican in 2016--like Rubio. Santorum is a republican that could have made a different, but Karl Rove and his buddies did not like him. Karl Rove only wants a fiscal conservative and not a moral conservative. In Rick Santorum's case, he was a Christian conservative. Very few republicans have the guts to stand up to liberal democrats because they are such a lying and nasty group of people who have no morals. Nobody wants to get the poison of liberal democrats spewed all over them.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Liberals are for every type of immorality that the human mind can imagine. Just think how gross it is for one guy to put his device in another guy's hairy rectum. Yet liberals are 100% for this. Liberals are 100% for murder of unborn children. Liberals are 100% for the gay and lesbian lifestyle which destroys people's lives and produces no children.
    Its no wonder you have been kicked out of other forums.

    IMO you should be kicked to the curb here too.

    I have tried to be decent to you but no more.

    Your rhetoric is disturbing and quite honestly twisted.

    Not sure you or your ideology should be allowed on a public forum.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,327
    Reo....that first paragraph is a bit graphic IMHO and could have been worded allot better.

    mcjo....please keep a cool head...everyone is expected to treat others with "decency" in this forum.

    I caution both of you to take a step back so things don't get out of hand. Thanks.

    Post is being reviewed.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Its no wonder you have been kicked out of other forums.

    IMO you should be kicked to the curb here too.

    I have tried to be decent to you but no more.

    Your rhetoric is disturbing and quite honestly twisted.

    Not sure you or your ideology should be allowed on a public forum.
    Exreo clearly lives in an isolated conservative bubble where his own bigoted thoughts can rattle around in his empty skull all day long without any interference from sentient beings.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,327
    Enough. Thread closed.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,327
    We will try re-opening thread. Please refrain from broad brush generalizations and attacks on other members. Neither are productive to the discussion. Thanks.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,911
    The GORP is dead.... I would say Long live the GORP.... but there isnt a new GORP to replace the old GORP.

    I heard Neil Boortz saying today how Marco Rubio is the best hope of the republican party now......lol Hispanics just are not going to fall for that one... Pugs would be better off with Chris Christie....but because he praised Obama he will be torn apart if he decides to run in 2016.

    Probably gonna be Biden or the Hillmeister in 2016....

    Thanks Reagan.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    660
    Agreed.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Liberals are for every type of immorality that the human mind can imagine. Just think how gross it is for one guy to put his device in another guy's hairy rectum. Yet liberals are 100% for this. Liberals are 100% for murder of unborn children. Liberals are 100% for the gay and lesbian lifestyle which destroys people's lives and produces no children.

    Republicans are against all of that. That's why people who say there is no difference between democrats and republicans are using some frame of reference I don't understand. Maybe they are libertarians who want to be fiscaly conservative, but who are as immoral as democrats. With libertarians, add all of the above immoral behavior along with smoking pot, meth, crack and anything else.

    It's the loss of our moral base and or Christian heritage that is destroying us. The republicans should strike out for moral and social issues even harder. They are being advised to do the opposite which will mean the end of the republican party. I'm sure Karl Rove will nominate some watered down middle-of-the-road republican in 2016--like Rubio. Santorum is a republican that could have made a different, but Karl Rove and his buddies did not like him. Karl Rove only wants a fiscal conservative and not a moral conservative. In Rick Santorum's case, he was a Christian conservative. Very few republicans have the guts to stand up to liberal democrats because they are such a lying and nasty group of people who have no morals. Nobody wants to get the poison of liberal democrats spewed all over them.

    Like this guy?


    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...othel/1714053/

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event