Hybrid View

I hate when I see this!!!!!

First call of the day. After a few phone calls and sending pics, it is a 41 year old 10 ton Carrier RTU with the original copressors in it. Amazing
    [IMG=http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5300/dscn0028dz.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Those Semi's don't die.
    There is another sticker inside the electrical section with mod# and ser#.
    I've seen the wiring diagram still in tack on most of them, is what you really need to troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by keviekev70 View Post
    Those Semi's don't die.
    There is another sticker inside the electrical section with mod# and ser#.
    I've seen the wiring diagram still in tack on most of them, is what you really need to troubleshoot.
    They are tin cans not semis. Those sticers are gone a longgggggggggggggggggggg time ago. I was servicing equipment 20 years before this unit was made.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I would beg to differ on the age. Maybe late 1980's on that one. Maybe. Serial number interpretation error. That would have had an embossed tin plate for nameplate data at the very least.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by rayr View Post
    They are tin cans not semis. Those sticers are gone a longgggggggggggggggggggg time ago. I was servicing equipment 20 years before this unit was made.
    Tin can Carlyles I would guess which were good compressors compare to the copelands back then. The foil stickers with the sunlight exposed dissapearing ink that the manufacturers were using back then. Had plenty of fun with them using a permanent marker and wiping quickly to get the original ink exposed area to pick up the marker ink.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Someone told a tech to get the model and serial numbers and he literally did.

fun

Explain situation to your city permit issuers,, Im sure they have it with fire inspector Ordinance,, Some states have it on-line just punch adress. Slim chance but u might get lucky with a phone call. Tags off compressor removed i guess?