Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: screwdrivers

screwdrivers

I just got the new tech veto. I am thinking of getting a new set of screwdrivers. Does everone still think klein is the way to go. What about the klein journeyman???

Wera vs Wiha

I was just at the same point myself. Ordered a set of chisel drivers from each manufacturer. I will post back once they get some time on them. 1 thing is for sure though, these things are built like tanks.

Yes Klein. MADE IN USA!!
    I like the original cushion grip
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Yes I agree Klien is problably the best but also usually the most expensive. Craftsman make good screwdrivers as do Stanly. Stanly also has a design similar to the klien cushion grip,it even looks close to the same and is a little cheaper. Just giving you some ideas if you dont want to spen alot.But klien is my choice as evinenced by my choice of tool bags.

I got my veto.I have a history of losing tools. I am hoping veto eliminates this. Someone could have some nice tools following me up and down roof hatches.

I'm a Wiha fan, still use my Kleins for prybars and chisels.

what set do you have

When I first started I was all about Klein... then I lost them... about 2-3 times...

Now I buy whatever feels good and works well and I don't care if it will be crap in 1-2 years, cuz I will probably leave it up on a ceiling tile or inside a roof top unit before then.

I take that back I still have one faithful, useful and CHEAP Klein 11-in-1... I usually have 2 or 3 of these on-hand around the house/office/truck.

The 5 piece set #32091

Have duplicates of #2 phillips, 3.0 & 4.5 slotted.

what set did you get from wera

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    I got my veto.I have a history of losing tools. I am hoping veto eliminates this. Someone could have some nice tools following me up and down roof hatches.
    I was the same way till I got my Klien tool tote.Before I would just use an old belt pouch or the cheap plastic boxes. I broke down and bought the klien bag while at home depot and since I havnt lost any tools! Cany believe how that bag has helped.I can see most every thing at a glance and know when somethng is out of place or missing.I was the worst loosing tools.Ill bet ive lost well over $1,000.00 on klien linesman pliers alone.Its really nice with my tools being organized. It makes for alot easier work.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    what set did you get from wera
    This one.

http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-32091-100...3262200&sr=8-4

Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    I was the same way till I got my Klien tool tote.Before I would just use an old belt pouch or the cheap plastic boxes. I broke down and bought the klien bag while at home depot and since I havnt lost any tools! Cany believe how that bag has helped.I can see most every thing at a glance and know when somethng is out of place or missing.I was the worst loosing tools.Ill bet ive lost well over $1,000.00 on klien linesman pliers alone.Its really nice with my tools being organized. It makes for alot easier work.
    I'd bet, I haven't lost no more than 4 tools in the last 30 years. Take that back, just lost a cheapo G&B fishtape recently.

I lost an 8" Proto Clikstop adjustable or thought I did.

It hapened to turn up one day in a plumbers tool bucket. When he broke for lunch I retrieved my wrench. Hell, he never missed it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast