Thread: Rock wool?

Hybrid View

Rock wool?

So I'm belly crawling around in a tight attic today and suddenly it felt like I crawled into an ant hill. I finish what I was doing, got down from the attic and told the boss I'm going home to shower because whatever is digging into my body isn't cool. This stuff was black and in the sunlight my clothes were crazy reflective. When I got back from cleaning up, I read some of the packaging. It was Gold Bond Rock Wool. I googled to make sure it wasn't full of asbestos and dragged plywood around for the rest of the day. Anyone else deal with this stuff before? Any easy way to get it out of my body (seems way worse than regular fiberglass insulation)?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhvac75 View Post
    So I'm belly crawling around in a tight attic today and suddenly it felt like I crawled into an ant hill. I finish what I was doing, got down from the attic and told the boss I'm going home to shower because whatever is digging into my body isn't cool. This stuff was black and in the sunlight my clothes were crazy reflective. When I got back from cleaning up, I read some of the packaging. It was Gold Bond Rock Wool. I googled to make sure it wasn't full of asbestos and dragged plywood around for the rest of the day. Anyone else deal with this stuff before? Any easy way to get it out of my body (seems way worse than regular fiberglass insulation)?
    I tore out 600 sq' of that stuff from my parents attic.

Cover yourself up.
    Wash with soap, x3.
    KEEP THAT CRAP OUT OF YOUR LUNGS. It's like fiberglass on roids.

Fiberglass makes you itch. That stuff feels like your getting stabbed.

It's made from a mixture of different materials, one of which being slag from blast furnaces.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

seen more of that than any human ever should. butt kick stuff, most is really old so its breaking up as well.

reminds me of that far side cartoon with the "where steel wool comes from" caption- and a picture of viking looking sheep
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated