Tech with bad driving records

Tech with bad driving records

We were looking at hiring someone new. Found a guy we liked he seems like a good guy & great worker, but his driving record came back really bad. Our auto insurance will got up 5k just to add him on. Any ideas other than just using him as a helpers since he cannot drive our vans with a record like his? No dui just a lot of tickets, accidents, and 3 points on his record?

With 3 points on his record something smells fishy...

We run across this rarely but when we do we give the guy a spreadsheet telling him how much his additional insurance is to be taken out of his pay check. If he doesn't agree then you have to say no. One wrong move with someone like this could cost you way more than the increase in your insurance rates good guy or not.

The alternative is to hire an a helper to drive him around $$ or for him to be a trainer for your company. That way he can still do the work and you can farm your younger guys to full service quicker.

He is not responsible and does not take his career seriously.
    I am 47, been driving since i was 13.
    I have had one moving violation and never had a parking ticket. Never been in a fender bender.
    This is because i know a good driving record is important to my career!
    Btw i usually put about 40k miles a year on my service truck alone!
    Last ticket i got was 93.
    Roughly 800,000 miles without a ticket
    I feel good about hitting one million!!!

Frank

3 points in Florida is one speeding fine 14 mph or less over the limit. Careless/reckless will get you 6 points.

3 points does not sound bad. At least not here. One guy at our shop got in an accident(very minor fender bender) the cop decided to give him a reckless driving ticket which cost him 2 points. He was able to take a driver education class(his dime, his time) and have the points removed from his record. I don't know of this is an option or not. But you are saying bad driving record, something else must be there then we are seeing.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

damn supertek those are some impressive numbers .....................not sure where your from though doesn't sound like your in a major city though. Must be small town one cop.

yeah but that same one cop has given my wife Helen a few tickets!!!!!!!!!
    they dont mess with service trucks much!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC AIR View Post
    damn supertek those are some impressive numbers .....................not sure where your from though doesn't sound like your in a major city though. Must be small town one cop.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!